Thermal Expansion

You'd have to see his shop and the shithole town it is in to fully understand why he is so bitter.

I walked through and asked for a job (that I would never take), but he is too arrogant to know who is around him.

Ignorant means you havent been taught; stupid means you are proud of your ignorance.

This guy is stupid.

Reply to
Scott

Then I take it back. I was exceptionally bitchy this morning when I wrote that, sorry Sam.

I have seen glass scales minimize Z axis repeatability from .002 to .0002. At least you can expect the same accuracy in Z as you can with X and Y. In most application that is significant enough to justify the price of the option.

Reply to
Bill

Yes they do very well at mitigating error due to worn thrust bearings and ballscrews.

And no apology needed--I'm an exceptionally bitchy person as a general rule and so I'd suggest the best thing is to try and not take it personally.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Kudos to you for being honest enough to admit it.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Explains why he's been in my bozo bin pretty much forever.

Reply to
Uhh_Clem