High thermal expansion coefficient

Hi all, What kind of material own the largest thermal expansion coefficient? (I'm talking about solid, of course) Is there a kind of material which the TEC of that is at the scale 1000*1e-6? Thanks

nyt

Reply to
nyt.alex

An ideal gas at 333K has a Linear CTE=1E-3/K and it is hard to imagine a solid's having one that high.

About 1/3 of that is about as large as I've been able to find.

However, there are some materials which have large expansion coefficients along one crystallographic axis.

Dave

Reply to
dmartin