I need to know some things about bending steel sheet

I need to know a couple of things: which tool to use to bend some steel sheet, and how much I'll be weakening the steel by doing it.

I don't often work with steel for load-bearing structures, mostly because it's harder to work with than wood or plastics, and I do not have many tools for working with steel, but I need a part with high tensile strength and low bulk -- and I don't have a lot of money to workd with. So steel it is.

I need to make some precision right angle bends in some sheet steel so that it can be attached to two components which will apply tensile stress via the bent-over tabs. Cheesy ASCII illustration follows:

Viewing sheet from the side, edge-on:

Reply to
TTK Ciar