Bending sheetmetal

Help...

I have a decent background from way back when all mechanical drawing was done with a pencil and vellum.

I am trying to do some work for a sheet metal prototype in Solidworks 2006 and am having a problem that I can't seem to find any help for. I figured I would ask here.

All I need to do is draw a piece of sheet metal that will have the sides bent downwards at 90 degree angles along the left and right edges. I KNOW that there is a way to have Solidworks model this out of a single sheet of metal but I cannot seem to figure it out. Each time I try to use the bend feature it tells me that there are no bends found. How do I define a bend in the first place?

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

Ray,

Try this,

Start up SolidWorks

1) Go to help 2) Online Tutorials 3) Go down to Sheet Metal and click on it 4) Follow instructions

I feel confident this will give you easy to follow and a quick step by step procedure for what you are trying to do.

Tom

Ray Cassick (Home) wrote:

Reply to
brewertr

Hi Ray

I suggest you go through the SolidWorks Tutorial on SheetMetal, that's built into SolidWorks.

Is a VERY useful resource on the Sheetmetal functionality in SolidWorks.

John Layne

John Layne

John,

Thanks for the links.

The tutorial on Sheet Metal Cross-Break is very helpful it gives me a different method to try.

Tom

John Layne wrote:

Reply to
brewertr

Thanks for filling me in on that! Great resource. I never new it was there.

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

Great, thanks!

"John Layne" built into SolidWorks.