Grain size measurements of very thin sidewall copper coverage

What is the most accurate technique of measuring grain size texture, continuity, etc of ultra thin (50-100 A) copper sidewalls in Trenches. I am guessing that barely a few nuclei form at this thickness in long-throw PVD at the sidewall.

Reply to
Da_seed_Engineer

TEM

Michael Dahms

Reply to
Michael Dahms

We tried TEM but are unable to get good sample prep. We tried filling the trenches/vias with epoxy and plated copper both. The epoxy doesn't fill completely and the copper becomes too soft to polish.

Any suggestions for getting good TEM's

Reply to
Da_seed_Engineer