update- how are you going to spend the depression ?

At the end of October, when the markets crashed I asked here "how are you going to spend the depression ?". A number of replies belied the traders exclaiming how busy they are. So 4 months later, let me ask the same question- I am curious if things have changed- I hope hope everyone is where they want to be, but I am getting increasingly concerned about the future. It's kinda scary with 3 young'uns

Reply to
raamman

It is pretty scary, but when is it not? At least for manufacturing. Our poor azzes have been in a decline for 20 years or more due to outsourcing and technology advances.

The only good news in all of this is if you actually have a job you don't have to work 70 hours just to get by. You can survive now on 40-45 hrs a week or less. There's no pier pressure to buy a new car, and people are starting to buy houses to actually have a home as opposed to getting money for nothing. Sales every day for everything. Plus it's nice to see the 8 dollar lottai market crash. Back to a cup of coffee at McDonalds for 10 cents.lol .

Reply to
vinny

You seem to be forgetting..that the Turdworld Shithole you live in...is not in any shape or form representative of the rest of the US.

You really really need to take a year or two off and go on "walkabout" and visit the United States of America

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:03:17 -0800 (PST) in alt.machines.cnc :

I'm working at finding work. Not one of my better skill sets, I'll admit.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich