Was chop saws

I worked for Behringer CNC Saws. Most people would be surprised at the return a little creativity would give them if they took a standard band saw
and put an inexpensive PLC to control repetitive cutting.. To open jaws and raise blade ... small hydraulic pump and piston. Moving product to blade of course would depend on size and length ... however for 1' or less I would use an air piston, small chain and an aluminum wheel that had dogs to set the travel. A piece of angle iron could cradle the stock as it was moved to the jaws.
1 .. open jaws raise blade 2.. feed stock 3...close jaws, start blade, open raise piston so fluid will meter out so blade drops 4 ...stop blade
Duh,,, I probly left something out but you get the idea. Be creative ,,,if your cutting hoobies instead of widgets of course you need to adapt
Tom ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) Depending on the job you could include coolant or whatever elese ...

In the jigs shop, the holdup used to always be getting material sawed. The old saws they had were simply worn out POS's. Two years ago, they bought a new Kasto CNC saw. Within a week of getting it wired and the training done, there was no saw backlog, the backlog was at the machines.
--
Anthony

Anthony,
Not a saw but an interesting high production cutoff machine.
http://www.fennmfg.com/mfs/impact-cutoff.htm
A few years back had one of these impact cutoff machines for a high production OEM shaft manufacturing line, this machine did up to 52,000 cuts per 8 hour shift, 1 1/8" Round Barstock average cut length 12".
Tom