Windows xp sux for cadcam!

Im trying to regen a couple of ops with cimco and it takes like an hour a piece. So I'm turning things off when I realize my cam system cpu usage is
at 50% and my "idleprocesses" is at 50%. WTFFF!!!!
Anybody know how to turn that crap off? Ive seen hacks to force it to run out its tasks, but I cant find one to turn it off.
I even turned the cpu usuage up to real time on the cam, has no effect on idle processes. Stays at 50%. I bet linux isn't so damn greedy!

Sorry windblows my mistake. Seems mastercam 9 uses a max of 50% cpu per session. I wonder if there's a tweak for that?

yes, get SolidCAM

I should get lost. lol
vinny wrote:

Gates-o-phobia?
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Doesnt seem to matter. When mastercam is processing toolpath it uses a max of 50% cpu. Sure would be cool to be able to boost that.