Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

LTV observable?
If LTV system$B!'(B d(x)/dt=A(t)*x y=C(t)*x is observable$B!$(B then LTV system: d(x)/dt= - A(t)*x y=C(t)*x must be observable or not? a counterexample to indicate the second system is not...

Please recommned some tutorial about industry control
I have spent almost 3 years in university learning control theory, and until now I feel that all my reference books are all intended for just exams. I always feel that I have less useful intuition of...
7
7

Objectica Extends Mathematica's Capabilities with Object Orientation
July 29, 2008--With the release of Objectica, users can perform object orientation functions using Mathematica. Objectica supports full object orientation, including abstract data types, inheritance,...

Compact PLC - CodeSyS
Hello, I'm looking for a compact PLC with approx. 12 Inputs (4 analogs) and 6 outputs (relays) programmed with CodeSyS. I'm about to use it for coordination of simple heating systems (gas boiler,...
1
1

Controlling a Monte Carlo Simulation Kalman Filter
I've made a simple matlab program: a Monte Carlo simulation for Kalman filtering a moving, 1-dimensional position. The process is 2. order Gauss-Markov, and I use a pva-model; the process is on v, and...
6
6

Determining Stability from looking at bode plots
Given a Bode plot of the open loop system, I can figure out its gain and phase margins. However, I'm not sure how those can be used to determine whether the closed-loop system with unity feedback is...
9
9

Root-Locus Plotting
For a system with Gc(s) = K(s+4)/s and G(s) = (s^2+2*s+2)^-1, I have the following question: 1. Why does this system not have a breakaway point? Is it b/c there is no solution to d/ds(Gc(s)*G(s))=0?...
10
10

Damping ratio comparison
For a system with G(s) = (s^2 + 2*s + 2)^-1 and Gc(s) = K, for the damping ratio, I have calculated the one for the open-loop to be 1/ sqrt(2) and the closed-loop one being 1/sqrt(2+K). I'm wondering...
1
1

Kalman filtering with multiplicative noise
I'm trying to implement a Kalman filter in MATLAB that will use two types of measurements: volume and in/out flow rate. For the flow rate, the measurement error is additive Gaussian, but for the...
15
15

bode plot troubles
I'm trying to plot the transfer function 10/(s*(s+5)*(s+10)) by hand. I know that the poles all decrease at 20 db/dec, crossing 0 dB point at 1, 5, and 10 rad/s respectively. However, I don't know...
4
4

fixed step solver vs. system time constant
All, I'm trying to implement a PID control scheme for a plant that has an extremely slow time constant (1.25 seconds). I'm running the simulation using Simulink's "fixed step" solver with a "fixed...
10
10

Modeling a dynamic system
What is an "Assumed Modes Model'?How is an 'Assumed Modes Model' formulated? Can any one explain? Any links to the topic will do. Thank u
1
1

How to form a real-time small scale network?
There are two manipulators fixed on a static frame, one manipulator installed on a mobile vehicle in our lab. Our plan is to use 3 PCs to control each of them, in order to make each of them work on...
13
13

finding phase margin on Bode and Nyquist plots
For a nyquist plot, if that particular plot never crosses the unit circle, what would that imply about the phase margin? It's already stable or never stable?
1
1

complex numbers in simulink
Hi Group! Any Matlab/simulink experts there? How to deal with complex numerical data in simulink? most blocks take only double, real, boolean etc. but not complex. there's a block to convert the...