Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Video: What is a PID Controller?
Just posted a video. It's my first real effort and, as videos go, rough as a cob -- but I think the information is solid. I have a 15-minute time limit -- trying to fit an informative video into that...
20
20

Got SHITmadzu in your lab?
Working with a group in another lab who are using Shimadzu HPLC... what a freaking nightmare! Equipment doesn't work and Shimadzu service doesn't work either.... constantly down or broken! Reminded me...

Shameless plug -- control systems talk in San Jose, September 14th-18th
In case anyone has been dying to attend one of my talks (or send an associate), I'm now hooked up with a company that presents seminars. Basically, they do all the work that I absolutely dreaded doing...
9
9

A general observation about controls
Why does it seem like control theory texts go out of their way to obfuscate things? From naked observer bias, it seems like most stuff you can apply controls to is much more linear than not. System...
6
6

Adaptive PIDF under closed-loop
(I'm cross posting to in a probably futile attempt to revive that group). First, I'm going to make a distinction between "adaptive" and "self- tuning". "Adaptive", to me, means that the controller...
5
5

Optimal, constrained problems with discrete devices
Despite the title, this is an enquiry relating to current real world, industrial problems. We have multiple collections of devices that are all on/off in nature. The problem is to perform switching so...

RIsense Value for Basso's PWM-CM Model
Hello, I am trying to simulate a buck and a boost converter using Christophe Basso's generic PWM models (in LTSpice) for voltage mode controlled and current mode controlled switched mode power...

EECEA2015 - 2nd Int'l Conf. on Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering and their Applications
The Second International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer En gineering and their Applications (EECEA2015) | World Trade Center, Manila Philippines February 11, 2015 s February 12-14,...

Argument passing in HPM/CL
Proprietary details are deliberately omitted in this post to keep me (hopefully) clear of corporate code-of-conduct issues. Anyone who In a PM/CL sequence, I'm calling a subroutine as per the...

Modelling a motor for pid control
Hi All, I'm new to the group, so please be kind :) I was reading Tim Wescott's article on PID without a PhD and it was very us eful although it raised more questions in my mind. I then went over to...
1
1

On Good Questions
Someone sent me an email this morning thanking me for answering his questions over the years. It happened to be someone whose name always makes me perk up, because even though he nearly always asks...
69
69

Structured text to ladder diagram
Does any one knows about the tool to convert the Sturctured text program into function block or ladder loagic of Allen-bradley micro 830 PLC .

Dynamometers
A client just asked me if I knew of any testing house that had a dynamometer suitable for testing their stuff. We're looking at something that can accurately measure torques from 0 to about 100 N-m,...
66
66

commercial vehicle
Hi all I am just starting my work on suspension of commercial vehicle. I really dont know any book/reference to read from.I need to learn about leaf spring suspension and air suspensions modelling for...
9
9

active suspension
Hello all, I am working on rollover prediction. please give your valuable suggestions on following 1.How to begin? what specifics to look for? 2.Any particular journal paper or reference to read?...
2
2