Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1st and 2nd derivative with H2 observer
Hi to all!! Guys i have a problem. I have estimated the first derivative(called x_hat_d ot) of position with a H infinity observer. Now i want obtain the second de rivative, always with H observer. If...
4
4

Industrial boiler air flow measurement
Spare the details, we're chasing a mysterious instability in control of a 7 MPa industrial boiler. Still to be confirmed, but there are reports that the air flow measurement is done by measuring the...
3
3

Bird Friendly Heliostat
Stopping a megawatt wind turbine on a dime to save a bird might introduce structural issues. That isn't the case with solar thermal. Radar or sonar can track each bird as it passes through the farm...

Drum Level Control in Power Stations
The idea is to find a calculated solution: I myself tuned drum level controllers and did not enjoy a trial and error method, neither did the people at the power stations. JCH

Control engineering in the real world
Just to keep this sadly degraded newsgroups head a bit above the murky waters of solution manuals and questionable conferences.... No response expected, just nice to tell my story to a few people, in...
4
4

Best book for Linear stability analysis
Hello, What is the best book for self-studying of Linear eigenvalue problem and Linear stability analysis of PDE ? Thank you in advance for your answers:) Andriej
1
1

bit OT: Multivariable nonlinear regression
I need to convert some compressor curves into a 3-d equation for modelling purposes, P = f(Q,V), where P is pressure, Q flow and V a vane position. For fixed V, the P-Q relationship is well behaved,...
3
3

Siemens SCL Pascal question
I'm working on a program using SCL, every time I add a variable I have to make sure to compile program of course, but I have to also make sure to update the data block, download the updated data...

Gearbox efficiency while back-driving
I suppose if there's a "" group I should post it there -- but r.c.m has some smart mechanical types, and s.e.c may still have some lurkers who might come out of the woodwork for this one. So here's a...
10
10

Why is an observer designed?
What do people design an observer? What purpose does it solve?
4
4

Public Policy On AGW Needs To Be Like A PID Controller, Not Just a P or an I or a D Controller.
Bret Cahill

Fun with Superconductors
Neat demo: Way cool demo. I want one, in fact. Video courtesy of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC), representing the science center and museum field worldwide. To learn more, visit...
5
5

Back-EMF speed detection in motors
I'm working on a project that involves replacing some existing electronics with some that I've designed. It's controlling the speed of DC brushed motors. Since the original equipment uses a knowledge...
95
95

Solving static flow networks in Simulink: Usual approach?
For anyone with experience with Simulink... Bit of preamble here, question is at the end. I'm assisting a colleague who is following the instructions in an old report he's unearthed, to model a...
3
3

PC Data Acquisition
This is slightly OT for all the groups I'm posting to, but something many of you should have done. I have a need to sample one channel of data at between 200 and 2000 samples per second, 12 bits or...
43
43