Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

typical RV Elec. schematic and info
hello, I purchased a used pickup camper shell that is made of fiberglass; very smooth and cool with a Euro look. However, the electrical works but is of an abysmal design. Suffice it to say, I need to...
1
1

Bit OT: Surge risk with centrifugal blower
Single stage centrifugal blower, 500KW drive, discharge pressure about 30 KPag, suction more or less atmospheric. There's a distinct pressure dropoff in the curve as the flow gets low, so surge is...
1
1

Boiler steam drum control
Boiler steam drum control is difficult because of the inverse response. Using adequate control techniques can be of great help. See http://home.arcor.de/janch/20130224-control/page1.html

Process Dynamic and Control (Dale, Thomas and Duncan) - Graphical fitting of 1st order model using step test
If I can estimate K and ? from an actual step test data for an assumed first order system, how can I fit the test data using equation below; y(t) = KM(1 - e^(t/?)) I mean, how can I use the equation...
15
15

Instability on header system, any practical suggestions?
We have a troublesome system, it goes like this. A centrifugal pump has a control valve in the discharge, downstream there is a header that fans out to 5 offtakes, each of them has a flow control on...
7
7

How to design limit governor
Hi, do you have hints how to design a limit governor? I would calculate the dev iation from the maximum value (e.g. temperature), feed the result in an int egrator which I can tune by calibratable...
15
15

"Torque" constant for shunt-wound motor
A regular DC motor has a torque that is proportional to the current: T = k_t * i A shunt-wound motor has a torque that is proportional to the current squared: T = (something) * i^2 Most of the...
4
4

we need EGCP-1 woodward governor controller 2 nos. Pl send your offer

Filtering for a Inverter PWM Driver
Hi, I am referring to two app. notes from Microchip - 1. PICREF-1 2. AN1279 These deal with making a Un-interruptible Power Supply. I see that both these app. notes use a (digital) filter (in the...
9
9

PID control of gas chromats
After many years, I've come across a discontinuous analyser again, not a chromat but behaves the same. Takes a sample, and about 15 minutes later the analysis output updates. I vaguely recall an old...
2
2

Modeling Hysteresis
Anyone have any pointers to mathematical models that they like which model hysteresis phenomena? Any hysteresis phenomena? I'm feeling kind of constrained by NDA at the moment, but all of the...
10
10

Process Dynamics and Control - Dale, Thomas and Duncan
Anyone using this book for study or reference? I need help on Section 7, page 167, example 7.1. I followed the example and used the equations shown but I ended up with different values for the model...
4
4

Feed forward control question
Hi, I have a question regarding temperature control of a heat exchanger. There is a temperature sensor, a steam valve for heating and a valve for controlling the outflow. A feed forward control can be...
9
9

PLC Training in Coimbatore
PLC Training in Coimbatore
1
1

initial undershoot
If there is right half plane zero, there will be a initial undershoot in the step response. I have a second order system as zdotdot=-g+u/m, zdotdot is double derivative of z, g is the gravity...
5
5