typical RV Elec. schematic and info

hello,
I purchased a used pickup camper shell that is made of fiberglass; very smooth and cool with a Euro look.
However, the electrical works but is of an abysmal design.
Suffice it to say, I need to rethink and redesign the key components, as the RV industry seems to be "in the dark ages".
OK, so at this point I know I want: Solar panels, 12VDC bus (receptacles?), 12 VDC to 110 AC inverter, 110 VAC receptacles, multiple 12VDC deep cycle batteries, 50Amp 110VAC input receptacle, power monitoring and safety devices. (top down view).
I see all kinds of overly expensive devices for sale, like transfer switches, overload/overprotection, etc What I do not see (not so far) in a conceptual schematic.
So any reference drawings or general thoughts posted to list are much appreciated, before I begin component searching, selection or just building from scratch.
James
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:42:52 -0500, wireless wrote:

Why are you posting this question on a control systems newsgroup?
Of the newsgroups that I frequent, sci.electronics.basics or rec.crafts.metalworking are probably the two most likely candidates for this question (s.e.b because it's electrical, r.c.m because a lot of those guys understand the issues and own RVs).