plasma schematic

Hi would someone please be able to help ,I need a wiring schematic for a Nu-Tecsys PCA 30-P plasma cutter it was made about 1986 . I have been offerd it reel cheap but there is a wire off inside, it comes from the handpiece & is about 1/4" in dia . Any help would be great Thankyou Allan.

Reply to
Al

Well, I googled Nu-Tecsys and got hits for retailers (such as Snap-on, Eastwood and auto parts chains) but no hits for a manufacturer.. Makes me wonder..

It'd have to be really cheap for me to touch it, I've heard quite a few guys who regretted buying a plasma cutter from Snap-on- others may have a different experience, but I don't think I've heard anyone who was real pleased with a Snap-on plasma cutter.

I'd encourage you to buy something from either Hypertherm or ThermalDynamics, those seem to be the two most favored here. Used good stuff is generally worth having, but throwaway stuff is often not worth the effort spent in trying to get it working.

John

Reply to
JohnM