Tigs-Migs-Plasma cutters for sale

I stumbled across some welding cutting equipment today at a machine tool dealer in So. California (Long Beach)

I took pictures, but only have general info on the stuff, perhaps you welding gurus can fill in the details

Hobart Cybertig 2, on cart, with some sort of control panel on top as an added unit. $100. (yes, 1 hundred..its unknown if it works. Looks pretty good and had a 1998 service sticker on it..regularly maintained by a company. Guns, cables, hoses..big sucker but appears to be complete

Thermal Arc Plasma Cutter with some sort of chiller $500 (looks very nice) Hoses and gun look brand new. I think its a Tig, but he said it was plasma cutter. The pics will give you the model/name etc.

Miller Tig welder $400 Appears used but not abused.

Westinghouse powersupply with Westing-Tig add on wire feeder, gun etc. Make an offer.

If there is any interest, email me and Ill send you the pictures. They will be clear and discriptive and you will know more than me

The dealer does not know dick about welding equipment and is not his cup of tea, so simply wants to get some bucks and it out of his shop. I went to survey a machine for a customer today, and it was exactly as discribed. The fellow appears (YMMV) to be honest and helpful. I told him I would pass this on to RCMers and he is willing to help out hobbyists. He said your money is as good as anyone elses

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I have three welders I need to dispose of.--Esab pulse arc 400.

Nice welders. Make offer. There is 3 power sources, and one wirefeed unit.

I have a lincoln torch, but no adapter for it to fit the Esab.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Hummmm I dont know dick about this stuff, but Id love to have a wire feed unit thats better than my Harbor Freight flux core 110vt wire feed. Ive got the usual Lincoln 225 tombstone buzzbox and a century AC/DC box.

Are they three phase or single phase? Something I can run off single phase 220?

Where are you located? Others here may be closer to you than So. Cal. (sigh)

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

Can any of those be used for tig..Heliarc? As I said..I know dick about it. I can burn rod, have the little flux core, and have done a smidge of "heliarc", but Im no welder. Things stick together pretty well, but its not pretty....sigh..so much to learn....

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

looks like you have as much to learn about welding as you do about politics, economics, and of course gun control!

Reply to
mind damage

400 Amp.

CC & CV-- I spose they can be used for anything.

They takes 60 amps 220v 3 phase.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

They are 3 phase 220 / 440.

You need probly a 20 or 30 hp rotary converter for 3 phase.

59 amps at 220v, IIRC

Nearest to Portland, Oregon.

These are heavy, likely 500 / 600 lbs each--so shipping would be definately a consideration.

From Freightliner Corp, I assume they used these to weld truck chassis.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Cringe...too big for me powerwise..but others on the group might be interested.

Thanks though for the info.

How much are you asking?

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I sure could learn a hell of a lot about welding, and a great deal about economics.

On the gun control issue, I know most everything there is to know. Breath control, heart beat management, stock weld, trigger squeeze, stance, Weaver and modified Weaver, prone, etc etc the whole enchilada. In fact, Im qualified to teach gun control. I can even teach other aspects of gun control, such as ammunition building, etc etc.

I see you have morphed again. Shrug..no problem.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

How about a grand takes all ??--I had loaned one em to a freind, I know at least that one worked a few months ago.

The other 2, parts machines--may or may not be in servicable condition, I havent powered up any of em, and I have no leads, ect. to test.

ESAB PULSEARC II 400

I do have a copy of the manual, about 50 pages, IIRC.

Shipping is on buyer, I can load em onto a flatbed but theyre too heavy to deliver with my 1/2 Ton Chevy.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

What models are the TA plasma cutter and the Miller Tig? If you didn't get my email, I'll have a look at the photos. jay(at]staticsinc{dot)com

StaticsJason

Reply to
Statics

Ive posted a zip file with all the pics I have on the welders etc that are available. Contact info is also in the file.

Its almost a meg in size.

I know the guy has quite a bit other similar stuff for sale, so when you call him, ask what else he has.

I missed for some reason a big AIRCO device which is visible in the corner of one picture. That may be the plasma cutter he was refering to. Shrug. Call and ask.

Id love to have the Miller Dialarc HF as its single phase, but its out of my price range for something I dont really need...much..sigh.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

PrecisionMachinisT

That's not going to look good on the resume'.

Reply to
Scott

And for your reading enjoyment:

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

Reminds me of the Chief of Police who shot: His car His desk His foot

Three seperate incidents over 5 yrs. Shrug..I understand he no longer carries a gun.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

You KNOW the police chief of East Windsor, NJ? Small world isn't it?

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

It's the bulletts fault, the gun was aimed at the floor.

Reply to
Windell