ANNEvolve Project Releases EvSail With Migration Capability

The Annevolve project has released another update to their Evsail software, now at release 2.4. This time we added migration. Now, if two or more copies of EvSail are running, then chromosomes will migrate among them. If they are on the same computer, then no additional software is required. If they are on networked machines then an additional program is required. This program is currently being developed. This software now behaves essentially the same as our 4Play project, which has had the migration capability for some time.

EvSail 2.4 evolves ANNs that control virtual sailboats. These must function in spite of randomly varying winds, and attempt to circumnavigate an island in minimum time. Hence, these ANNs are adaptive optimal controllers.

Please read about all of the new EvSail 2.4 features in the EvSail.C and EvSail.txt files contained in the release package at:

We welcome you to download the latest version and participate in our experiment. Ideas and questions about EvSail can be directed to the developers mailing list at:
If you wish to develop your own controller, to compare with our ANNs, we have a program to perform such testing. It is the SailChallenge package, downloadable from our files page.

The Annevolve team is experimenting with the Evolution of Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs). They are combining the two fields of Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Neural Networks. Find out more about EvSail and other ANN programs at the Annevolve project at:

zanke