Cable vibration model

Hi Mey anybody help me in modeling long cable elastisity and damping with mass ? We have a parallel robot with cable link and we want to agment cable
model in our dynamic equiation. The dynamic equation of our robot is a nonlinear implicit ODE and we solve this equation with matlab function "ode15i". thanks

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi V1V-4JYKKTW-1&_user&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct00050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid&md51ef0fe21c3a6fb721082dbd8ece8c9
--
"And he sees the vision splendid
of the sunlit plains extended