Digital controller implementation in Matlab

Hi,

I would like to define a system using Matlab and have it controlled by a digital controller. The controller parameters will be calculated preferably by some sort of microcontroller or microprocessor. Does anyone how this can be done using Matlab (some general guidelines) ? Do I have to use an external microcontroller and connect it with my PC or is it possible to have a virtual controller in Matlab?

Reply to
Silver

if you are doing this as a simulation, you can use the difference equations derived from a Z transform to write a simulation / optimisation program in Matlab

or use Simulink...define a discreet TF, add a PID controller, give it feedback, trigger it with a impulse/step/ramp, and adjust away

Reply to
fulliautomatix