Electrical PCB testing

I have an interesting electrical scenario. I was looking at the specs for a flying probe tester and noticed that it tests for shorts or opens using voltage or current. The listed specs for the tester are adjustable 25 to 250v and 30 to 300mA. I need to figure out how I can generate these different voltage/currents and to check for a pass/fail. What kind of circuit can vary these voltage and currents and check for that type of signal. It's such a wide range and changing the circuit to test all the different combinations of voltage and current evades my thinking. I'm not familiar with this type of circuit at all so any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Reply to
fluxin

Do you need 25V to 250V and all possibilities in between, or just a few discrete values? If you think the spec calls for both voltage and current simultaneously, not as limits bit as readouts, check it again.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins