How can i read from Modbus/TCP

Greetings all,

Can some one point me of in the right direction, i need to read a value to from a modbus device, which is connected on the LAN.

Is there any ready-made software which can read a value, and store it either in a text file or in a XML-file.

Thanks Captdrum

Reply to
captdrum

I haven't tested them, but you should be able to adapt one of the programs here without much difficulty:

(don't worry about the Chinese, the important part is in English). See
for general info.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Hi,

This can easily be accomplished with an ActiveX Control from Automated Solutions.

Contact Technical Support to request a datalogging example.

MARK

Rogue Engineering makes an easy to use piece of shareware called Modbus Test Pro. It is available as a free fully featured download from

and supports Modbus TCP as well as the serial versions of Modbus. You can set it up to save communication logs to a text file.

Tim Kirk snipped-for-privacy@rogue-engr.com

Reply to
tkirk

Look for the Omni Modbus Tester from Omni Flow Computers Inc. (omniflow.com)

Reply to
btmull

is done in java and then there is libmodbus at
but I have no idea if it is limited to serial communications only ; should be fairly easy to adapt it to do tcp also as the protocol inside is the same.

Reply to
Antti Järvinen