How can i read from Modbus/TCP

Greetings all,
Can some one point me of in the right direction, i need to read a value to from a modbus device, which is connected on the LAN.
Is there any ready-made software which can read a value, and store it either in a text file or in a XML-file.
Thanks Captdrum

I haven't tested them, but you should be able to adapt one of the programs here without much difficulty: http://www.kongzhi.com.cn/expertsarticle.php?articleId 7 (don't worry about the Chinese, the important part is in English). See http://www.modbus.org/ for general info.
Chris
Hi,
This can easily be accomplished with an ActiveX Control from Automated Solutions.
http://automatedsolutions.com/products/modbustcp.asp
Contact Technical Support to request a datalogging example.
http://automatedsolutions.com/contact /
Rogue Engineering makes an easy to use piece of shareware called Modbus Test Pro. It is available as a free fully featured download from www.rawiq.com and supports Modbus TCP as well as the serial versions of Modbus. You can set it up to save communication logs to a text file.
Tim Kirk snipped-for-privacy@rogue-engr.com

Look for the Omni Modbus Tester from Omni Flow Computers Inc. (omniflow.com)

http://jamod.sourceforge.net/ is done in java and then there is libmodbus at http://pes.free.fr/ but I have no idea if it is limited to serial communications only ; should be fairly easy to adapt it to do tcp also as the protocol inside is the same.
--
Costello the Warrior St:18/09 Dx:14 Co:18 In:8 Wi:12 Ch:7 Neutral
Dlvl:16 $:0 HP:129(129) Pw:52(52) AC:-6 Xp:14/83896 T:19462 Satiated