How to get the position of a manipulator's end

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:34:45 -0400, Jerry Avins proclaimed to the world:

This was all my idea of humor btw.

Peter has already voiced this opinion in his charming manner. :-)

Reply to
Paul M

I am not angry my actions are very cold and caluclated. I know I don't have to respond or even read his posts. I just think the OP should find a job as a game show host or something where keeping the audience guessing is a good thing.

Yes, I have deliberately stuck a thumb in the eye of this group. This groups needs some negative feedback to keep from oscillating. It has for many years. Don't argue. I have have a list of post and replies that I call the sci.engr.control hall of shame. I can list them for you. One is my all time favorites.

I can't believe that someone wanted to recommend Walter for some sort of award for that. I don't know where I was but I have a nice symbolic answer to Tom's request. Do you care to see it?

Obviously, you are also right about the history. By now you should know that it was Tim picking on the controlguru guys that finally set me off after many year of seeing garbage on this group. I thought Tim would straighten things and be part of the solution but he has declined. At least the old priesthood of the PID is gone. Jerry may be the last of that era..

What you want is a social club. Myspace or facebook may do. I know I have sucked the life out of this group but the real engineers will stay.

I am working on getting my doctorate from the school of hard knocks. I don't know about the others.

That doesn't help. The damage is already done. Look at the link above. The OP left sci.engr.control because he can see there was no intelligent life at sci.egnr.control. Again, I don't know here I was at the time.

They should be stomped out as soon as possible. You must not be involved with tech support for a product. You can't believe all the misinformation that people believe. It is easy for people to believe the kooks and idiots because one doesn't need to understand the math and physics to do so. To under stand the truth requires understanding the math and physics which obviously takes a lot more education or effort.

Do you understand all the formulas in the .pdf file I post links to? So far now one has even asked a quesiton about them. That makes me wonder if anyone even understands the first thing about controls. Can you look at the formulas on JCH's web page and see were he went wrong? You should know I was just playing around with JCH. I knew I could come up with a PID response that what beat his any time. I couldn't understand why he persisted. I don't know why the group let him persist with his nonsense unless the group really didn't understand..

So why are you willing to put up with people that talk about infinite gains and infinite rates of energy transfer? I was playing around with JCH and during those weeks no one else made and effort to discredit what he was positing. Yes, my posts were as much a thumb in the eye to this group as it was to JCH because the group didn't recognise what JCH was doing wrong.

If you think about it controlling energy flow is what we do. It doesn't make that much difference whether t is motion or temperature. Energy is added and energy is lost but hopefully, and with calculations, what you are trying to control has just the right amount of energy.

I saw your comments about me. That is OK. I even remember the commet about 60 HZ hum too. I am a big boy. Now do you want to join the kooks, the tweaker and coffee drinkers, or do you want to be a real engineer?

Yes, this is a thumb in the eye for the whole group. It is a challege to the coffee drinkers and tweakers and the kooks and those that let their bad information pass for good.. PaulM, were do you stand? Meanwhile I hope that the controlguru guys, Doug Cooper and Bob Rice, come back along with Fred Thompson and Dave Y. They have always provided good information.

Peter Nachtwey

Reply to
pnachtwey

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:58:12 -0700, pnachtwey proclaimed to the world:

Peter, I am a controls engineer and have been for many years. I would have given you some response one what I thought of the links you asked me to look at and respond to, but your smartass comments have made me decide to pass. I will say that I have never came across a PID system I designed that I could not tune quickly without using any model other than a scrap of paper and a calculator to get the values close. I've been hired by many customers to come in behind an engineering firm and modify a system so it will work. Maybe one of your job?

Tom's post you reference has a lot of good solid experience and reasoning to it. Your reaction tells me a lot about you. I suspect that control engineers that would have been of value to me have been run off by you. You are an ass and if your behavior here carries over to your job, you will be an unemployed ass sometime soon. "Real" control engineers don't behave as you do.

BTW, I suggest you get yourself to a mental hospital. You exhibit classic symtoms of a mood disorder. It will eventually destroy every single relationship in your life if not land you in jail.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Paul M