Humidity Detecting Switch

Yes I probably bought the same ones years ago. Wrapped in sealed bags. I just tried using one in my bathroom. They are not reliable near the extremes. You cannot set it to 80 % hummidity. The horse hair mechanism is too critical up there. I was able to set it to about 60%, and one rainy day it just came on. i mounted it uo in the air box which I had taken out the fan and used an in-line fan for noise control.Its works OK with the Dew Stop condensation sensor, but I really need more CFM. Most mechanical sensors have the wrong connection for fan use.

greg

Reply to
GregS

In my opinion you are all wet, at temperature you have outline Humidistat would be useless unless you have Dehumidifier run at all times, and at 57 Deg. F not likely that you will get below 50% rh so all you doing is wasting your time but lots luck.

Reply to
Grumpy

I posted a link to one with a relay that sells for $40. Why won't that do?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

snip.

I have seen a humidty switch with a central AC theromstat. It was in an older home. I am not sure if they still offer them. It was either Broan or Honeywell.

Frank Lardino

Reply to
Frank L