Kensington labs/PM-500

I think I have the wrong eprom for my linear stage. I can't tune the velocity and position loops to behave together...Will
oscillate at low speed or stopped.
I got a brand new cable.
The lissajou figures go like ooOoOooO, so is this is this a problem for this stage? Is the encoder alinement critical? I have less reactive stages that do not oscillate under these conditions but only one PM-500.
Thank you,
Eric Girard