Muti compressor control system

hello friends
I am working in a cement industry and I need some information regarding the compressor control system. I need to know what are the best control systems available with cost
effectiveness.
I would be highly thankful for the information
arun

Reciprocating or turbine? Rating and operating point? Objectives of the system?
Compressors are reciprocating run by 150 KW motors to produce 7Kg/cm*cm. The objective for the controller would be optimizing between the usage and production of compressed air
. bruce varley wrote:

regarding
It can be a simple discharge pressure switch with some hysteresis that switches the unloading valves on the machine, if it has them.This can be extended to a number of stages, with appropriate differentials. Nowadays a PLC is often used to sequence the switching, along with the other machine functions.
If you control the pressure, then you control the balance between usage and production. Depending, you may be able ot optimise energy usage by lowering the pressure you control to. Don't know what your plant is, but unless compressed air is your main commodity, I'd be surprised if this was an application that warranted a lot of time.
The compressed air system already has a pressure switch and has load unload control only......I wanted to know what other types of controls are available like 2-step 3-step or 5-step controls. Which are the companies that sell such control and which one will be the most cost effective. bruce varley wrote: