Output Feedback Method

There are several methods to keep the stability of system such as Doyle's method, output feedback, or H-infinity method, etc. I tried to
apply the output feedback method to the system which has some deviations between the model and actual system in the following site:
http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/digital/digital.htm

Pretty good. This did take some effort. You should have some example values for P and P*. Most people will not know what values to place in the P arrays. I didn't see any so I used some from my text book and my results look very close to your first examle. The slide controls do not permit enough resolution to allow me to enter precisely the numbers from my text book. I would also make the sample time a little smaller. It isn't obvious that y is velocity and not positions. It make be easier for the user to enter a gain and an exponential frequency in the continuous domain and you convert the numbers to discrete time and fill out the P arrays. This would allow you to use the same scheme for entering numbers but now you can calculate the values of the P arrays to a greater precision than would is currently available.
The numbers I used for P and P* are:
1 .01 0 .91
The .01 could not be changed and still get resonable results.
for q I used:
0 1
Someday I will have to really learn java so I can do the same type of thing
Peter Nachtwey

Thank you for nice suggestions! As you know the conversion of system matrix from analogue to digital is a bit awkward work. Since my aim on the simulator was to estimate the effect of output feedback for the roughly designed(!) digital controlling system, I omitted the process of the conversion from analogue to digital in the webpage. However as you indicated rightly the software for that purpose should be added to the simulator to use it on the design work because the real system will be described physically and consequently it is an analogue system.