paperback vs hardcover

is there a difference in terms of content?
I'm looking at modern control engineering by ogata. I can get a paperback for 50$ while a hardcover is at least 80$.
when I need to buy 10 books this difference between hardcover and paperback accumulates pretty fast...

paperback
There is no difference in content, but the Hardcover will last a lot longer - particularly for an important book like that that you might use regularly.
Perhaps get the less important ones in Paperback..
Cameron:-)