control system books

which is better between Modern control Engineering by Ogata and Automatic control systems by Kuo?

what books would you recommend for digital control systems?

I'm finishing a B.Eng in electrical and will continue with a master in engineering, in control systems/power electronics/real time control and embedded systems. I'm looking for books at the advanced undergrad/ beginner graduate level.

Reply to
Mr. Sparkle

Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Franklin and Powell for one.

For book reviews, check out

For free software, check out Scilab
For a free Controls Design book, check out:
Join IEEE and subscribe to the ELetters
Might also subscribe to free magazines, like Embedded Systems Programming and Sensors

To name a few...

Reply to
g9u5dd43_nospam

you mean they're both equally good? do they treat exactly the same subjects?

you mean "Digital Control of Dynamic Systems", by Franklin, Powell and Workman?

thank you for the links.

Reply to
Mr. Sparkle

what about "discrete-time control systems" by ogata?

is there any point in getting both, or do both cover pretty much the same thing?

Reply to
Mr. Sparkle

For some real world chemical eng. situations

300 page book free download at

Good Stuff

Reply to
Allan Morrison