Robust control Tools and literature

Hi,
can someone say what is major literature for learning "Robust control", after one knows the "classic control"?
For tools, I suppose, one should use Matlab with Robust control toolbox?
Thanks!

Search this group just one time please before you ask or you will be gently asked to Read The Funny Manual. You will for sure find something. If not then we will talk. Use google group search engine:
http://groups.google.pl/group/sci.engr.control /
Tips: keyword - Best Text on Robust Control
--
Mikolaj

bruno snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I can't recommend a book, but you may want to check out SciLab (http://www.scilab.org ). SciLab is free, and comes with many control systems analysis tools as part of a package -- compare that to shelling out a ton of money for Matlab, another ton for Simulink, and yet another ton for the control systems toolbox.
I have yet to see any sign that SciLab is less robust than the versions of MatLab that I've used. There are a few less bells and whistles, but the basic product is more than just useful; it has yet to let me down.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services