Simple inverted pendulum

Hello friends,
During my academics, I designed a simple inverted pendulum for set-point and trajectory tracking problems. At that time, I do not have
sufficient information regarding drives, Data acquisition cards, etc.,

design a simple inverted pendulum. But the cost is too high.
These are the details of the set-up I used to design an experimental
1. Maxon motor, and the Maxon driver, too costly. 2. NI-PCI 6014 data acquisition card. This has 2 analog outputs, but the req. is only one analog channel o/p.
The purpose is to apply classical controls on a simple inverted pendulum carrying 100gm weight.
Can any one please give sufficient information, so that for the nexttime I can optimize things.
PS: Suppose if I purchase a motor of sufficient torque, I wish to design driver circuit. If you people did any driver circuit designs please post the articles.
Best regards srinivas
kickee wrote:

What are you trying to optimize _for_? What's your cost target? Have you looked at the solutions of others?
I have an old toy car sitting in my shop that I mean to make into an inverted pendulum base some day -- that's certainly optimizing for cost, but not performance or build time.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services