PLC Help!!

Anyone know if it's possible to send an automatic email if a PLC input goes high?

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

Yes it is possible.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Does your PLC have the capabilities and interfaces needed???????

Reply to
SQLit

Jesus Christ. He asked a simple question. What kind of PLC are you using, Bob? An AB 1769-ENI (RS232-Ethernet module) has a built in E-mail client that can send SMTP messages. I'm sure other vendors offer similar options.

Reply to
Ursa Major

Many ways to do this, depending upon your system. Also off the shelf alarm systems that do this, just tie to the input or an output from the PLC that comes from that input as my require other logic to prevent false alarms.

Need more > Anyone know if it's possible to send an automatic email if a PLC input goes > high?

Reply to
Dennis Mchenney

with siemens you have communication processors to do this. Every vendor must be having such a module

Reply to
Balki

Thanks for all the replies guys. The PLC is an S7 CPU315DP. Could you tell me what card I would need? I should say I already have a Ethernet CP for comms with one of IT's servers. Could I do something using that?

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

if it is cp343-1 IT it should be possible

Reply to
Balki

Definitly, If you take a look at the product support informaiton of the module ( IN HW config right click on module) the first entry lists the CP 343-1 IT as having

- E-mail client for the program-controlled dispatch of e-mails

It is probbily a SFC that needs to be called with the proper arguments to send the E-mail.

Reply to
Dan Kozlowski