PLC Help!!

Anyone know if it's possible to send an automatic email if a PLC input goes high?

Yes it is possible.
sQuick..

goes
Does your PLC have the capabilities and interfaces needed???????

Jesus Christ. He asked a simple question. What kind of PLC are you using, Bob? An AB 1769-ENI (RS232-Ethernet module) has a built in E-mail client that can send SMTP messages. I'm sure other vendors offer similar options.
Many ways to do this, depending upon your system. Also off the shelf alarm systems that do this, just tie to the input or an output from the PLC that comes from that input as my require other logic to prevent false alarms.
Need more info if your have an actual system, some PLC's my have this built in.
Bob Watkinson wrote:

with siemens you have communication processors to do this. Every vendor must be having such a module

Thanks for all the replies guys. The PLC is an S7 CPU315DP. Could you tell me what card I would need? I should say I already have a Ethernet CP for comms with one of IT's servers. Could I do something using that?
if it is cp343-1 IT it should be possible
Definitly, If you take a look at the product support informaiton of the module ( IN HW config right click on module) the first entry lists the CP 343-1 IT as having
- E-mail client for the program-controlled dispatch of e-mails
It is probbily a SFC that needs to be called with the proper arguments to send the E-mail.