Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

custom valve manufacturer
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a manuafacturer who makes an adjustable metering valve with manual bypass. I want to be able to meter 100% o2 at a flow rate between 0.5 and 2.5 litres per minute,...
4
4

CD player system tuning
Any guidelines to configure and design parameters of a CD player? Thanks a lot

Re: RS232 Link Encryption
yep, but most are on RS-232 serial but only for a few feet of cable before they take a long ride on frame relay or vsat
2
2

Re: Relative Humidity
The first hit when Googling for "bulb relative humidity equation" was: If that doesn't do the job, do your own web search and check out other sites. http://www.uswcl.ars.ag.gov/events/exper/rhdoc.htm
3
3

Battery Monitor Alarm
I am looking for a module that will monitor my battery voltage (12 VDC) in my UPS panel and give a dry contact output for security. I have looked at at $220 it seems alittle bit pricy. Has anyone else...
2
2

Real Time Image Processing
Hello All of you Control Experts!! This might be kind of a cross post but since the final goal of this is for a control system maybe some of you can give me some hints on what to do. I am trying to...
4
4

4 - 20 mA transducer question
I am trying to use a two wire 4 - 20 mA pressure transducer to a PLC analog input, but the PLC is a voltage input. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
17
17

PIC programming
hi, I want to learn the PIC microcontroller programming for the control applications. Which the best PIC for this and where can i get the information regarding this. Thanks Jenish
2
2

Re: AB PLC 5 and Clary UPS crashes
Your problem may be the UPS, not all units create a clean waveform, especially on batteries. It can be more of a square wave in extreme cases. The PLC 5 does not normally require a UPS if the battery...
6
6

Derivative Action, Blessing or Curse (Booklet and Software)
To paraphrase the children's story "girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead", when derivative action is good it can be very, very good, and when it is bad, it can be horrid. Of the three...

Ideas, anyone?
I am interested in the use of multiagent systems (MAS) and holonic manufacturing systems (HMS). I am interested in real-world process control problems that could be solved by the use of intelligent...

making a SCADA
Hello, I want to program a SCADA and I need information about OPC and DAIS standards. I don't want to use DCOM objects (OPC) because I want to make a multi-platform servers (HMI clients are well with...
8
8

Re: Polynomial Synthesis
Dear Mik, you can find an extensive source of information on 'polynomial' control synthesis (also called algebraic or input-output approach) at the web page of PolyX company, a producer of a...
1
1

Pit valve controls
Following on from John Shaw's thread, a client of ours who runs a large airport wishes to add some actuated pipeline isolation valves in below-ground valve pits. There is one valve per pit and the...
18
18

Temperature Transmitters
I am wondering if anyone knows of a smart TC temperature transmitter that has 1 4-20 mA signal and 1 or 2 relay outs as well. When I say smart I mean any type of microcomputer based instrument... I...
4
4