custom valve manufacturer

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a manuafacturer who makes an adjustable metering valve with manual bypass.

I want to be able to meter 100% o2 at a flow rate between 0.5 and 2.5 litres per minute, adjustable, but also have the option of pressing a manual bypass to inject 100% o2.

The valve would need to work upto 20bar inlet pressure, be o2 clean (obviously) and ideally fit into the palm of your hand.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks Wills.

Reply to
Wills

If you are looking for a real "cheap and dirty" solution then you might want to consider a number of solenoid valves in parallel, each with a preset Cv (flow). I've used the same type of arrangement for pH control. A metering pump (under PID control) was selected and sized for "fine" control, and a 3/4" On/Off valve activated by a "High pH Event" was used (in parallel) to shock the system back into control range of the metering pump. It was inexpensive, it worked and my client was happy to sign my invoice for payment. Life is good.

tHe PuNx

Reply to
PuNx

I beg to differ. I use these units all the time, or at least whenever my patients need it O2. I can go from 0.5 to 20 lpm with a supply up to 1500 psig. I use a manual version without a bypass. I believe there is a bypass version which was used to power an air powered chest compressor at some point.

Michael

Reply to
Herman Family

I guess it's all semantics. If a 'metering valve' is one that limits the flow to some fixed rate, I guess all valves are metering valves so long as conditions remain constant. Some flow regulating valves even compensate for a variable back pressure. But how do you actually know what the flow is? I took the word to mean a valve that measures, i.e. one that tells you that you are passing xx volumes per unit time.

I would guess that your 'metering valve' is followed by an actual flow meter of some sort. Perhaps a rotameter.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Michael,