Who makes LARGE electrical enclosures?

I need a source for a 4x3x4' electrical enclosure for an outdoor application.

Reply to
Don

Your location would help.

DJ Stretch.

Reply to
Stretcher

Home Depot has the Carlon grey boxes up to 9x9 or so if you just want one or two.

Reply to
Greg

You need to read the OP. 4ft x 3ft x 4ft. And I am pretty sure that he wants metal 3R as well.

Reply to
Me

Don

I need a source for a 4x3x4' electrical enclosure for an outdoor application.

There is a fabricator where I live that makes enclosures and legally gets to put a Square D label on them. I would think there would be more.

Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

Frankly, I don't consider 48 cubic feet to be a LARGE enclosure. Hoffman is probably over kill but take a look at:

Good luck, ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

Did you check automationdirect.com? They peddle the Weigmanns, some pretty big ones.

Reply to
Steve Cothran

Do you know their website?, or full name?

thanks

-Don

Reply to
Don

Guys, I'm looking for a large enclosure that is also deep: approaching a cube shape. 4x4x3' deep would work. I've looked at Hoffman, B-Line, Adalet,Weigmann, Unity, etc. These companies only make shallow cabinets.

Where do the large, dark green, enclosures used by electrical utilities come from? (This is for a prototype; I don't want to build from scratch)

thanks

-Don

Reply to
Don

If you really did look at Unity then you would know that they make a box that will fit your need. I think you do not want to pay their price!

Where do the large, dark green, enclosures used by electrical utilities come from? (This is for a prototype; I don't want to build from scratch)

thanks

-Don

Reply to
Me

Hard to find actaully. As you have seen, most standard enclosure mfgrs don't go big in N3R, and the big sizes are N12, which many inspectors will NOT accept for outdoor use.

Here is one company that I have used in the past.

Not "off-the-shelf", but fast turn around.

Reply to
Bob

Try Crown Electric and Manufacturing in Cincinnati, Ohio 1-513-841-0372.

Mike

Reply to
MFloetker

The outdoor low-rise green padmount stuff is made by outfits like S&C Electric or Trayer Engineering... but they typically sell them with medium-voltage switchgear inside.

In the past, this plant was very good for small-lot sheet-metal enclosure orders ? Cooper B-Line Inc (209) 524-5281

Electrical enclosures of precast concrete are common in that size.? Christy Concrete

?s falke

"D> Guys, I'm looking for a large enclosure that is also deep: approaching

Reply to
s falke

Reply to
Dennis

Any custom enclosure manufacturer can make you up one, probably can get delivery in a couple weeks.

We use Enclosures Inc. but i'd bet just about any of the custom guys could do it.

Reply to
bob peterson