Pro vs consumer CRT brightness at 5000K

Hi, Is it true that very good quality CRT monitors can produce a brighter display at 5000K than most consumer CRT monitors? If so, what is the fundamental reason for this?

Thanks, Greg. p.s As a matter of courtesy, note that I cross posted this question in sci.engr.color recently too.

Reply to
Greg

Greg, I believe that a majority of the higher performance commercial units employ a considerably higher second anode voltage than do consumer products, but at the cost of considerably shorter tube life due to to phosphor burns and other effects. Some of these also produce x-ray radiation levels that while not harmful when used properly, are unacceptable for consumer products.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Also a lot finer dot matrix. And a lot more expensive. Often used for cad cam.

Reply to
bushbadee