any prospects for CTI and AT

reposted from ROL (names obfuscated with the exception of the principals, all email addresses suppressed)

- iz

=== Name: SG Posted: 1/21/2004 12:43 PM Subject: Pro 38 reloads Reference: None

Has anyone made their own reloads for Pro 38 motors? If so, which was it an AN or AP mix? How did you close the delay/ejection section? === Name: DU Posted: 1/21/2004 2:51 PM Reference: 1

The better question might be: how did they fabricate the rear-closure/nozzle/liner assembly! === Name: SM Posted: 1/21/2004 7:11 PM Reference: 1 , 2

My guess, and its just that, a guess, is that the rear closure is a machined or molded nozzle with a cast plastic casing, the liner is just a plastic tube thats glued onto the rear closure assy... === Name: JT Posted: 1/21/2004 7:43 PM Reference: 1 , 2

Maybe CTI will make the inert parts available for sale. If we could buy the nozzle/liner/bulkhead parts and then supply our own propellant that would be nice. === Name: CA Posted: 1/21/2004 10:29 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3

Gee,

I bet a guy with an engine lathe and some nice 6061 round stock could make a nice set of closures for a Cesaroni casing in about 2 hours, maybe less. Forward closure is a piece of cake, Aft is not much more dificult, just needs threads! Phenolic liners wouldn't be hard either. === Name: JT Posted: 1/22/2004 10:58 AM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

True, but if you are going to do that why bother with the CTI case at all?

If you could buy the inert parts at a good price, then you would retain all of the nice features that people enjoy with the CTI reloads. === Name: CA Posted: 1/22/2004 8:43 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

Sure, but some things you do just cause you can, not because there is a real good reason for it. :-) === Name: DD Posted: 1/22/2004 4:27 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

I reckon the the front closure would be prety easy to make. I was thinking that a replacement one could be used to make a head end igniter for the Pro38. === Name: Gary Rosenfield Posted: 1/23/2004 7:00 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3

That would be great! We could load them with WL, BT, RL...

OTOH it would be more competition for RCS... === Name: Anthony Cesaroni Posted: 1/23/2004 7:17 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Hi Gary,

I recall making you that offer at some point. You should have taken me up on it when you had the chance. :-)

Anthony J. Cesaroni === Name: PR Posted: 1/23/2004 7:52 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

While were at it, lets not forget the Animals in my Zoo! And besides even the women like the logo === Name: Gary Rosenfield Posted: 1/24/2004 9:13 AM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

I wanted to, but you didn't agree to it, as I recall. === Name: Anthony Cesaroni Posted: 1/24/2004 12:11 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6

Well I certainly don't recall it that way. We also proposed entering into reciprocal hardware/reload warranty agreements with RMS and Pro systems at the LDRS BoD meeting.

Good luck with RCS. === Name: Gary Rosenfield Posted: 1/24/2004 1:26 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

Anthony,

Again as I recall Paul H. and I felt that the joint arrangements you proposed were a little too one-sided for our liking.

In addition, I don't believe you ever agreed to sell empty Pro38 shells to us. If you retained any documentation of those discussions it might help my recollection. I would still be interested down the road, however.

If you would like to take this to a private exchange we could continue our discussions after things settle down a bit, if you know what I mean. === Name: Anthony Cesaroni Posted: 1/24/2004 4:08 PM Reference: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8

Agreed. Let's defer for the time being then. ===

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

NEWSFLASH !!!!!

The Walter Winchell of rocketry speaks.

Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith TRA 7956 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products

1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
MONTMACH

LOL.

Thanks for the image, Dave. Perfect.

Reply to
Gary

direct quotes of principals discussing affairs that potentially affect us is hardly "gossip"

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Reply to
Robert DeHate

it was not without purpose, RD

I did take care to obsfuscate outsider names and purge email addresses, and ROL is open to the general public

IMO too many of us find ourselves at effect of events without any advance notice. It wouldn't hurt for us to be more attentive to discussions like these.

clearly Gary and Anthony had chosen to engage the discussion in plain view, at least to the extent that they did, and I found the information and its implications worthy of note.

that's what makes RMR great, it's the flagpole. Salute or not as you wish. Just don't expect that others share your disdain, or enthusiasm ;)

l8r

- iz :)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Humor is just lost on some people.

Oh, and have you heard of a little something called Dis-Information?

hehehe

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate