Skippy -vs- DOT

$40,000.00
That is a bunch of PADS.
What is that doublewide worth? Put the wheels back on the palace and drive it down to the DOT. See what they will give ya fer it.
All your advice to just do this and just do that. Well after reading the judgement I see what you just doing this and that gets you.
If the judge had only stated that APCP shipped in a box marked "Model Aircraft Parts" were PADS you would be covered.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (CajunMan) wrote:

How many?
On 30 Apr 2004 20:52:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (CajunMan) wrote:

Remember Jerry telling all of us to go for it?
40,000 clams. Holy shit.
And Jerry wasn't man enough to tell us first.

Hey anonymous troll. Go for what?
skippy Irvine wrote:

You know, "live the lifestyle".
Forty thousand dollars! and that was just the DOT. (the nice guys)
Think what the BATFE is gonna' do to him, once they get a hold of his ass!
Dave Grayvis wrote:

I hear Bubba squealing with delightful anticipation...

So let me get this straight, W. E.Fred Wallace has a SUPERNEWS account AND an ALTOPIA account?
What does W. E.Fred Wallace look like?
Just in case I meet him at a launch one day.
Mark wrote:

at 301.952.8525. BTW, I have no altopia account. Do you have the balls to contact me? BTW, I'll be at LDRS this year for sure and BALLS if I can get the time off from work. Who are you anyway; sounds like an alligator mouth and a canary a$$ hiding under the bed.
Fred Wallace
"W. E.Fred Wallace" wrote:

Hey, Fred - it looks like you've been talking so much of the same kind of trash as the Altopia troll[s] that folks are starting to find it hard to tell the difference...
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Yea, but I back it up. Crawl back under your bridge; hurry now..
Fred
"W. E.Fred Wallace" wrote:

By turning DOT-snitch, it now appears...
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Your opinion, aint it a bitch?????(;-) the bridge-the bridge, go-go now...

Correct.
But more to the point when stating he was there to "help".
Talk about supreme breach of fiduciary duty.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What "fiduciary duty"?. Were you paying Fred a fee for his service?
It is your "fiduciary duty" as the "manufacturer", to get your own paperwork in order.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

You have misspoken Jerry.. I never had fiduciary responsibility to you, in any form. My fiduciary responsibility was and is, to the organization and BOD I represented then and now. That responsibility includes, protecting the organization from becoming involved in unscrupulous and illegal ventures, propagated by individuals, such as yourself. If you did not understand that concept then, I hope you do now.
As a human being, I feel sorry for you and what has befallen you. However, your problems were and are of your own making. You alone made the decisions, resulting in the punitive actions taken by DOT against you and your entities. As a result, and after all the name calling and attacks on my integrity, by you and your supporters, I reluctantly feel vindicated. Having said that, I also feel somewhat ashamed of some of my responses to you, over the last several months; "in particular the last few days". I regret many of those comments, especially those recently, that by their content, pour salt on the wound. Those type of comments are below the standards I expect from others and myself, and are inexcusable, regardless of any provocation. I apologize to you for those comments. I will do my best to limit further comment, to simple explanations, without personal attack commentary, (that is if I respond at all).
Good luck Jerry. BTW, email filter is off.
Fred
PS. To the individual, who's email response helped reinforce and resurface my missplaced judgement, "thanks".

Hmmm... a fairly well written letter of apology.
As I read your posts the last few weeks, I had assumed your standards for human behaviour and your concepts of Honour, Dignity, and Integrity and were much lower...
We shall see...
As I view the 'posted' and official arguments and the like in TRA, NAR, NFPA, BATFE, etc., and the rocket community in general... it is no wonder that government organizations are able to legislate against your sport. There appears to be NO 'unifying' body.... and as Gary Bolles NAR 82636 has said, it's more a loose grouping of little fishbowls.
It would seem to me, that the groups involved have become too focused on limiting the Freedoms of the Members themselves...
... rather than concentrating on limiting the Power of the Government to interfere.

He apologized for salt in the wounds recently and nothing else preceeding that for years.
Especially his words to the DOT when he was charged with seeking "approvals".
[whether] "Mr. Irvine has complied with the instructions provided him, with no response from your office unless he has taken liberties with the truth, there are problems he has failed to disclose, resulting in a delay in the response from you or your office, and or both." - W.E. "Fred" Wallace, MDRA 6-26-01 letter to DOT

I believe it has NOT changed.

Point!!
At war with each other no less.

Point!!
You rock.
This shoud be in the FAQ.
Mark wrote:

Thanks..
Yes, I allowed my self to respond at or below the degraded level of many of the postings I responded to.

I simply disagree, and am not sure I understand, completely, what you mean. Examples would be helpful.

Fred

So you disagree mindlessly.
You got yours.
Everyone else is on their own.
Examples:
Expecting any aspect of rocket motors to have LEUP's or magazines, EVER.
Rules at clubs that exceed the minimal legal requirements. UKRA in England for example does NOT do this. Both NAR and TRA clearly do do that.
Start there.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

How can I respond to such reasoning Jerry, other than you did not help with any examples. Perhaps you can try again.

The requirements you mention are requirements put into place by government agencies. National organizations would be foolish to not advise members of those requirements, and expect the rrequirements to be followed by motor manufactures the organization transacts business with, i.e. certification shipments: Doing so, also reasonably assures members will not be subject to receiving illegally produced class 1 hazmat in violation of DOT commerce rules as most recently demonstrated, by recent DOT actions.

Of course, UKRA is not subject to our government regulations, now are they?

Fred