Boeing Machinists

Just what do people think about the Boeing machinists earning about $27 per hour and rejecting the new contract? Are there really that many $27/hour jobs out there?

Reply to
mich

Yup but not if you work for Bottlebob's boss. Of course Bottlebob's boss offers what many other shops don't... the chance to work with cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises at "coolie wages".

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

psssst.....hey jonnie....I know I've helped you in the past with your delivery when you've tried to be funny but you seem to be relapsing into old bad habits so I'm gonna do a public service for ya here.

KNOW WHEN A JOKE HAS RUN ITS COURSE!!!!!.....nuff said.

Your welcome YourPalBarn

Reply to
barn_rubble

============ Part of this was addressed in another thread about the "shallowness" of current news coverage. I would be far more inclined to accept that the machinists were being unreasonable if the executives and management were not skimming far more off the top.

?FetchFilingHTML1?ID=5858671&SessionID=tg1cWyf5I-ElXL9 What is not at all clear is how the workers actual net total take home pay changes under the proposed contract. It is entirely possible to get some additional money "up-front," but because of benefit losses, additional co-pays, changes in pension and 401k contribution schedules, etc. etc. to still take it in the shorts

-- big time.

's well said that you can always tell when management is lying, just watch to see when their lips are moving...]

The point the union makes "They made $13 billion and they don't want to share," appears to be valid. When a company hits "hard times," the hourly workers bare most of the pain, so why shouldn't they share part of the gain when business is good?

What is not at all clear [other than testosterone, machismo and ideology] is why Boeing management is willing to dump far more corporate [stockholder's] money engaging in a strike/lockout than simply paying up, moving on and building airplanes. Perhaps if management's wages, retirement/pensions and bonuses were reduced prorated to the amount of stockholder losses there would be a different attitude. [Analysts say a strike could cost Boeing about $100 million ==>per day

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I believe he did.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Your "Engrish" is getting better Jon.

Reply to
brewertr

Perhaps, but his thought processes are apparently deteriorating. LOL I'd not thought that possible.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Ignorant:

=93Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly.=94 .... Tom Brewer

Ignorant:

=93I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need.=94... Tom Brewer who can=92t follow his own advice. See above.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.

Ignorant:

=93I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass.=94=85 Tom Brewer admitting what he=92s often like.

Ignorant:

Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that =93Vinny=94 had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer=92s unable to comprehend what=92s on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:

"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."

Ignorant:

Someone who can=92t understand more than a simple =93I love it!=94 or =93I hate it!=94 type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.

Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:

=93I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks.=94

=93FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously.=94

Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:

=93The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better.=94

Conclusion:

Tom Brewer thinks he=92s a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

[ I'm committed to working with HSMWorks to doing just that. Shouldn't be too hard because their head of US operations and I see things in almost the exact same way and because HSMWorks is interested in what I have to say and wants to work with me. ]- Jon Banquer - [ Who I'm working with to deliver what truly will be the next generation of CAM:
]-Jon Banquer- [ I understand why your shop did not go with HSMWorks. We have a lot of work to do.

] - Jon Banquer

[ Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this clarifies any doubt. ] - HSMWorks ApS -
Reply to
brewertr

"I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back" - Jon Banquer -

"Should keep me from getting any stupid ideas about starting my own job shop !!! - Jon Banquer -

Reply to
brewertr

Geeze jony, I mean "Larry". I told you I'd drop your commission off with Bottle.

John,

We have received your order and it is being prepared for shipping. A complete order summary with tracking information will be sent when your order ships.

Thank you for choosing Northern Tool + Equipment, we hope your shopping experience was fast and easy.

Takes a week or ten days to arrive.

HTH

Maybe you ought to offer complimentary samples on your blob.

Shall we take a poll?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

"mich" wrote in news:LHzuk.9$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net:

Yup. Don't know about up there but there's plenty of machinist jobs in that range around here.

I know a place looking for a top notch Swiss guy offering over $100k/yr.

Reply to
D Murphy

I don't know if plenty is the word I would use but those jobs do exist in San Diego, CA as well. There is a shortage of machinists here despite the total B.S. and lies that Tom Brewer has posted to the contrary.

However, there doesn=92t seem to be any shortage of idiots that will work for =93coolie wages=94 and don=92t have the guts to switch jobs to get the money they deserve. Some people like comfort and stagnation and only knowing one system like Gibbs.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

Dear Jon-the-Liar,

NOT what I said Jon, big surprise you misrepresenting something someone said. I said I never had a problem hiring machinists in San Diego. I said it is more likely YOUR shortage is a shortage of machinists willing to work for operator wages.

You know where You said there was a shortage of machinists in San Diego for companies offering journeyman machinists $18-$20 per hour without benefits. NOW YOU ARE SAYING THOSE WAGES THEY WERE OFFERING ARE COOLIE WAGES.

Since you've now taken a 180° turn from your original position were you wrong then or are you wrong now?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You gotta remember though Dan, a "Boeing Machinist" is about a half step up from a GM assembly line worker. I think most of those "Machinists" would have a heck of a time finding a shop willing to pay $27/hr for a parts changers.

Reply to
Joe788

[...]

[ I took like 5 interviews here. I got five job offers. What does that say? All employers complained that it's next to impossible to find someone who wants to learn / think and $18 to $20 and hour is what they were willing to pay. ]-Jon Banquer- May 13 2007 -

Since you've now taken a 180° turn from your original position were you wrong then or are you wrong now?

Chula Vista Jon, you live in Chula Vista not San Diego.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I don't know if plenty is the word I would use but those jobs do exist in San Diego, CA as well. There is a shortage of machinists here despite the total B.S. and lies that Tom Brewer has posted to the contrary.

However, there doesn=92t seem to be any shortage of idiots that will work for =93coolie wages=94 and don=92t have the guts to switch jobs to get the money they deserve. Some people like comfort and stagnation and only knowing one system like Gibbs.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Dear Mr. Flip-Flop-Donkathon-Bandqueer,

My position hasn't changed. I never had a problem finding and hiring machinists in San Diego. I said those complaining about a shortage of machinists were more likely complaining about not being able to hire journeyman machinists willing to work for operator wages.

You on the other hand have done a complete reversal. You originally said the people complaining about a shortage of journeyman machinists were offering $18-$20 hour (Operator Wages). I clearly pointed out to you it is not a livable wage in San Diego. Now you are calling $7-$10 more per hour "coolie wages". MAKE UP YOUR F'N MIND.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

In the past 10 years in our area shop labor has jumped from 45hr to 75hr. Yet...I havn't had a raise since oct 2001.

You say 20+ an hour around here and people act like your wanting doctors wages? WTF.

OK, it's almost 2009, and after 20-30 years experience just pay us 18hr. How silly.

Reply to
vinny