MSC to Change Name to MSC-J&L

MSC will change their name to MSC/J&L Sep. 1 2008 as a result of their merger, which has been in the works for some two years now.

From what I understand, MSC already owns Enco. IMO, these sorts of mergers which tend to stifle competition can't be good for the little guy in the long run.

Jeeze, I can hardly lift MSC's Big Book now, if they add another 1000 pages to it I'll need the forklift to move it. LOL

Comments:

Reply to
BottleBob

Been named as such here in the UK for probably over a year now. Still the prices are high in comparison to the US:(

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

"IMO, these sorts of mergers which tend to stifle competition can't be good for the little guy in the long run."

They merged many years ago. Enco use to sell complete crap. Now they sell slightly better crap for more money.

I fail to see where Bill Gibbs selling out to Cimatron wasn't a good move. Gibbs development has slowed to a crawl and Gibbscam is far behind Mastercam in many areas. The next thing Cimatron needs to do is remove Bill Gibbs from any and all development management because he's Bill Gibbs is little more than an over glorified salesman who has totally lost touch with the tools that CADCAM users really need.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Bob, Agree on the merger thing and competition. I believe MSC offer their catalog on CD. I've made the forklift comment myself in the past. Maybe one of the young Turks in your shop can carry it over to your roll away. Which makes me wonder have you put a Briggs&Stratton on that roll away of yours?

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude