MSC Discount Code

I didn't know if they would allow it on "heavy" items, but it worked on 5 gallon bucket of way oil for me.

MISS40W

40% off and free ground shipping. (Free freight probably doesn't apply to truck freight items like mills or lathes. It might still be worth a try if they give the 40% on them item) Good thru 3-31-13. One time use per customer.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:zH03t.335116 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad:

I like MSC, but avoid them for price and their clunky web interface.

I've been 'saving up' for a mold cart (platform lift truck). The one I need retails for just under $600, and costs another $150 for shipping.

If I buy the same one from MSC, IF they'll give me the 'web price' plus the discount, take the 40% off, and IF I get free shipping for a 270lb truck-freight item, it 'only' costs $900.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yeah, I noticed a lot of their stuff is like that. Still I figured $100 for

5 gallons of #2 way oil delivered was pretty good for not having to kiss anybody's hind side.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Why not buy one from Iggy? Im sure he runs across them all the time and for far cheaper.

Ive had ..humm 5-6 of them in the last 5 yrs, Ive been giving them away.

Gunner

Reply to
GunnerAsch

W.W. Grainger has a pretty good selection of lubricants at reasonable prices. Worth checking if there is a store reasonably close to you. My old catalog says you saved some money over Grainger.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Thanks, I'll be needing more soluble cutting oil in a few months but on further investigation, it's only a savings of about $10.00 per pail over the price I already get from my local distributer. My accountant has me convinced that it's better to maintain a large cash reserve in case something unexpected comes up than it is to be tying up capital by stocking up on inventory and supplies that aren't immediate needed in an attempt at hedging against inflation.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

something unexpected comes up than it is to be tying up capital by stocking up on inventory and supplies that aren't immediate needed in an attempt at hedging against inflation.

I've decided to do just the opposite - one year inventory on anything used in the business. In case of something unexpected i can produce a crop at 0 out of pocket cost.

Many ag inputs have went up 20% over the last two years. Even fuel savings can be major - bought a years worth last fall at $2.89

Interest on savings is like 2% right now.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

cash reserve in case

My major costs have not risen anywhere near to 20% in the last of couple years although aluminum prices do tend to fluctuate some.

I'd have actually lost money on it had I a stockpile built up near the end of 2008 and / or 2011:

Then again, my turnaround time is substantially less than a year, usually it's only about a month.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

No, it already came out of your pocket, last fall...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Grainger refuses to recognize the possibility that the legal billing address for my business is a PO Box and it is not the same as my freight address. Neither the IRS nor the State Department of Revenue have a problem with it.) I went around with them for three days last time I tried, and their attitude was they didn't need my business. I'm not kidding. I wanted to buy a bunch of Klein/Durham parts boxes at the time for the shop. Turned out to be a good thing because I found them for less elsewhere.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I bet your accountant is the kind that tries to tell you leasing a truck is better than buying one too because you can expense it directly as you pay it. The truth is its just easier for him.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That's like your broker claiming that your house isn't an asset, only because it can't earn him a commission.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Nope, I claim actual operating expenses for tax purposes and paid cash for it.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Enco $85.00 and just find a free shipping code for them. Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333