Boeing Machinists

What part of "move" don't you understand?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

What part of "move" don't you understand?

I understand move...but my family doesn't. I was hoping the hurricane was gonna wipe this peninsula off the map...forcing a move.

Reply to
vinny

Vinny,

I know a company here that you would (should) LOVE to work for. Your wage would start in the $100,000 range + benefits.

EDM's are kept in temperature controlled air conditioned room, more like a laboratory or showroom than a machine shop. Other than do a good job no pressure what so ever, they don't do any outside work, strictly make specialty tooling to support production and process improvement (R&D).

Down side, job openings are rare.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I wish I could believe that man. Im lucky to pull 60 grand on a good year. Most I ever made was 69. I worked to death for that. This year I'll be lucky to hit 50.

It's too bad, I can really make edm's fly. Before I was a toolmaker, I was taking electronics classes for a year. I guarantee I can cut burn times by

60-70% from burning "out of the box", any machine. Iv'e used what I learned in wire edm, and electronics classes to rewrite power settings and acheived freakish results. I rewrote the power settings on our agie's and acheived a 60% across the board increase by simply using ohms law and switched the amps and on time. (agie came down and got a copy of the settings) I linked our haas mills to the agie edm's to deal with location and size issues. Using scripts, generic programs, etc...programming time is down to minutes. And...I do the repair thing. Iv'e been to chicago for charmilles, the carolinas for agie, and inhouse training from sodic and mitsubishi. Wire and edm. I've been making electrodes for years and feel thats my best skill.

Now check this out...Ive been banned from the cnc edm's at my job. Not from the owners...but from the managers. The owners are pissed off and dont understand why.

So now I'm back being a moldmaker...leadman. I get this crayolla mold to build and the burn is .005 deep. took 8 hours a piece. I went ballistic....1 hour would be too long.

Boss says...yah but it's unnatended.

16 cavities....you do the math. A days work took....over 100 hours.

Try to rationalize that. (and the finish sucked!) I need to leave. That place has lost it's drive. Owners are getting old and don't really care about growth like they used to.

Thanks for chearing me up(seriously)

Reply to
vinny

Vinny,

Sent you an email if you didn't send your current email address to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and I will forward it to you.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Sent you an email if you didn't receive it send me your current email address to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and I will forward it to you.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Vinny:

Here's something that might pique your interest, it's Sondick's new Wire EDM + Water Jet Hybrid machine.

BottleBob

I disagree with that. People are responsible for their own actions and you've always been one of the more level headed and sane posters here. I'll even go as far as saying you're single handedly responsible for the little bit of on topic and civil discussion that is left here.

Posting the same thing over and over again isn't productive all. In fact, that the exact definition of what spam on Usenet is. Repeatedly replying to the same thing posted many times is just as bad or worse.

Personaly, when I see a post by Jon, then a bunch of followups to it by his fan club, the thread get marked read without reading anything. Time is way to valuable to waste it reading mindless drivel.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Let me know when you decide to take some significant responsibility for furthering the lies that your pals Tom Brewer, Joe788 and John Carroll spread. Specifically that I got fired from the job I left to take the one I have now, that I won't make it past a probationary period where I'm at now (long since over with), that I was involved in an incident at the unveiling of SolidWorks 2008 in San Diego. Then there are the lies you spread yourself like I'm not a team player because you're too lazy to drive an hour and a half to meet my fellow co-workers, my boss, etc or the owner of the shop I use to work for who understands why I left to take a much better opportunity than he could offer me.

Your refusal to live in the real world is what causes many problems here that you don't want to accept any responsibility for.

I believe you become what you surround yourself with and you have surrounded yourself with garbage.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Specifically what lies have I ever made Jon?

I have documented some of your lies Jon. You have yet to post/document a single example of where I have ever lied.

I never said any such thing.

However I did ask you if they were still in business.

Dear Jon, dear, dear Jon, that would make it a prediction (not a lie), however again not something I ever said.

I may have joked about it but again I didn't say it. (And Jon it wasn't something many people if any really believe.)

So in BandQueerland voicing an opinion is the same as lying?

BottleBob never said you weren't a team player, idiot. BottleBob said anyone who reads your posts could come away with the belief you are not a team player.

How would BB meeting your co-workers change anything?

As usual your lack of reading & comprehension skills are showing. Maybe if you ask nicely BottleBob will make you a video, if not go back and reread what BottleBob wrote, he NEVER said you weren't a team player. The subject was about your style of writing.

Did BottleBob EVER challenge your version of events?

LOL..............

The wheels are coming off the bandqueerwagon, again. How long before it crashes?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

Jon:

I don't think I have (or even should have), the power to censor what others say in an unmoderated newsgroup. BUT, All I can do is make suggestions and I can say right now that *I* think, wish, and would desire, that any unproved personal attacks and stalking would cease as of right now.

I didn't state that you were not a team player, I said it was my decision (read opinion), based upon what you've written, that you would have trouble fitting-in in our shop. That was not an intentional deceit (lie), that was a personal opinion. Could it be wrong? Yes, of course it could, and may very well be.

AM I lazy to not want to drive to San Diego? Yes. I HATE driving long distances, and haven't driven over 100 miles one way in 10 years. And the point of the drive would be moot. You're happy where you are, and probably wouldn't be happy working with us at this time. If your situation changes, and want to give us a try, call me.

I'm not a mother hen netcop, and think people should take responsibility for their own actions. Generally, (with few exceptions) if you don't attack others, you won't be attacked back. My posting volume is dropping as time goes on and as my interest wanes, so my trying to be a directing force is waning as well.

I don't "surround" myself with anyone. I consider myself fairly neutral in the group, and will talk to most anyone. You and I chatted yesterday back and forth in this thread, and that WAS at least 50% my responsibility. It was more a letting off steam type of kidding around thing. I'm not sure it's fair that you try to burden ME with every slight you (or anyone else) might receive in this newsgroup. Although I think it would be a more comfortable place to come to if everyone lightened up a little, and didn't take things so serious & personal.

I wish everyone a happy Labor Day.

Reply to
BottleBob

Correction

That should have been unprovoked not unproved, in the sentence above.

Reply to
BottleBob

BD:

Why thank you. You've made my day, month, year and century. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

I don't see anybody jumping in to disagree with me and here we have a small group of people who can barely agree on anything so it must be true. :)

Reply to
Black Dragon

You didn't Tom and neither did anyone else. This is just another example of Monkey Butt banqueer lying.

Here is exactly what was said and it wasn't to Jon BTW

"They are probably going to let his probationary period run out. That's their policy."

Jon loves to play the victim.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

BD:

Uh oh. Now you've opened the flood gates. I can think of a number of people that might very well disagree, and hope that *I* contract some sort of debilitating arthritis. Actually, the middle finger of my right hand has been getting stiff/sore off and on the last few months.

Reply to
BottleBob

Geeze Monkey Butt, I mean "Larry" , I thanked you once for makin' a sale for me. More than once. THANKS AGAIN!

I'll leave your commision with Bob and he can forward it to you.

Keep ringing that register Gollum.

ChaChing!

PS I have decided to include a tip with your commission Monkey Butt. Your guests will apreciate the convenience I'm sure.

Jon "Monkey Butt" Bankqueer Like a Rock, Only Dumber

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I'll leave one for you with Monkey Butt's commission.

LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Jon "Monkey Butt" Banqueer Like a Rock, Only Dumber

Reply to
John R. Carroll