Boeing Machinists

What part of "move" don't you understand?

What part of "move" don't you understand?
I understand move...but my family doesn't. I was hoping the hurricane was gonna wipe this peninsula off the map...forcing a move.

Vinny,
I know a company here that you would (should) LOVE to work for. Your wage would start in the $100,000 range + benefits.
EDM's are kept in temperature controlled air conditioned room, more like a laboratory or showroom than a machine shop. Other than do a good job no pressure what so ever, they don't do any outside work, strictly make specialty tooling to support production and process improvement (R&D).
Down side, job openings are rare.
Tom

I wish I could believe that man. Im lucky to pull 60 grand on a good year. Most I ever made was 69. I worked to death for that. This year I'll be lucky to hit 50.
It's too bad, I can really make edm's fly. Before I was a toolmaker, I was taking electronics classes for a year. I guarantee I can cut burn times by 60-70% from burning "out of the box", any machine. Iv'e used what I learned in wire edm, and electronics classes to rewrite power settings and acheived freakish results. I rewrote the power settings on our agie's and acheived a 60% across the board increase by simply using ohms law and switched the amps and on time. (agie came down and got a copy of the settings) I linked our haas mills to the agie edm's to deal with location and size issues. Using scripts, generic programs, etc...programming time is down to minutes. And...I do the repair thing. Iv'e been to chicago for charmilles, the carolinas for agie, and inhouse training from sodic and mitsubishi. Wire and edm. I've been making electrodes for years and feel thats my best skill.
Now check this out...Ive been banned from the cnc edm's at my job. Not from the owners...but from the managers. The owners are pissed off and dont understand why.
So now I'm back being a moldmaker...leadman. I get this crayolla mold to build and the burn is .005 deep. took 8 hours a piece. I went ballistic....1 hour would be too long.
Boss says...yah but it's unnatended. 16 cavities....you do the math. A days work took....over 100 hours.
Try to rationalize that. (and the finish sucked!) I need to leave. That place has lost it's drive. Owners are getting old and don't really care about growth like they used to.
Thanks for chearing me up(seriously)

Vinny,
Sent you an email if you didn't send your current email address to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and I will forward it to you.
Tom
Correction:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 01:51:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sent you an email if you didn't receive it send me your current email address to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and I will forward it to you.
Tom
vinny wrote:

Vinny:
    Here's something that might pique your interest, it's Sondick's new Wire EDM + Water Jet Hybrid machine.
http://tinyurl.com/5sqyhh
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

I disagree with that. People are responsible for their own actions and you've always been one of the more level headed and sane posters here. I'll even go as far as saying you're single handedly responsible for the little bit of on topic and civil discussion that is left here.
Posting the same thing over and over again isn't productive all. In fact, that the exact definition of what spam on Usenet is. Repeatedly replying to the same thing posted many times is just as bad or worse.
Personaly, when I see a post by Jon, then a bunch of followups to it by his fan club, the thread get marked read without reading anything. Time is way to valuable to waste it reading mindless drivel.
--
Black Dragon

Hear about...
Black Dragon wrote:

BD:
    Why thank you. You've made my day, month, year and century. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

I don't see anybody jumping in to disagree with me and here we have a small group of people who can barely agree on anything so it must be true. :)
--
Black Dragon

Rush Limbaugh's 35 Undeniable Truths of Life:
Black Dragon wrote:

BD:
    Uh oh. Now you've opened the flood gates. I can think of a number of people that might very well disagree, and hope that *I* contract some sort of debilitating arthritis.     Actually, the middle finger of my right hand has been getting stiff/sore off and on the last few months.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

I'll leave one for you with Monkey Butt's commission.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200343167_200343167
LOL
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com
Ignorant:
Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly. .... Tom Brewer
Ignorant:
I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need.... Tom Brewer who cant follow his own advice. See above.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Ignorant:
I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass. Tom Brewer admitting what hes often like.
Ignorant:
Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that Vinny had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewers unable to comprehend whats on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:
"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."
Ignorant:
Someone who cant understand more than a simple I love it! or I hate it! type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.
Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:
I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks.
FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously.
Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:
The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better.
Conclusion:
Tom Brewer thinks hes a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 06:22:22 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
[

jb "cares" about what others think the way a naked panhandling drunk on a NYC subway ""cares"" about being disrespected:
At that point, what he "cares" about just isn't relevant anymore.
jb's reasons for posting are, at this point, way way beyond any normal ng-type analysis, and for all intents and purposes fall under the purvue of the field known as Abnormal Clinical Psychology.
jb is simply, in two words, dee ranged. He has degraded/humiliated himself pubically on these various ngs for years, just like said naked drunk.
That he can read and type, and presumably operate the powerfeed on a BP, just makes it more perverse.
zymrgy observed well, when he pointed out that jb can, apparently, read, but cannot learn through reading.
Weird, eh?? But in fact part and parcel of being deranged. ]-PV-

Thanks John.....I like that line. lil jonnie in a nutshell.....don't ya think?
Barn
barn snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

You'd have to lock "Chuckie", "Freddie Kruger" and Charles Manson inside of the nutshell with a really dumb rock, Iron Pyrite or maybe chalk, to get all the way to the chaos between Monkey Butt banqueer's ears.
Anyway, you can have him back now. I wouldn't want to return your toy more damaged than when I got it and he's become tiresome. Not my doin' Barn but he's showing a lot of wear. Better send your lil buddie in for a tune up or sumpin'. Hose him off first though. He shat himself again.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Maybe try some Frontline as well.
http://frontline.us.merial.com/fleas/index.asp
Tom
On Sep 2, 10:26am, "John R. Carroll"

My favorite is the part when Mr. Bonkers claims his employers have actually read his usenet posts. Perhaps they didn't see the wonderful compilation of Jon as an HSMWorks employee?
Joe788 wrote:

It's also possible that his "boss" was titillated by that deranged and perveted sort of behavior. Jon has always advocated doing whatever it takes you know. Helter Skelter.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Let me know when you decide to take some significant responsibility for furthering the lies that your pals Tom Brewer, Joe788 and John Carroll spread. Specifically that I got fired from the job I left to take the one I have now, that I won't make it past a probationary period where I'm at now (long since over with), that I was involved in an incident at the unveiling of SolidWorks 2008 in San Diego. Then there are the lies you spread yourself like I'm not a team player because you're too lazy to drive an hour and a half to meet my fellow co-workers, my boss, etc or the owner of the shop I use to work for who understands why I left to take a much better opportunity than he could offer me.
Your refusal to live in the real world is what causes many problems here that you don't want to accept any responsibility for.
I believe you become what you surround yourself with and you have surrounded yourself with garbage.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA