Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Why have system models????
I' m confused, I spend all this time at school modeling systems. I don't care for it model much, Ok it's nice to have a model of a system but how is it going to help me in everyday industry. I have...
6
6

Newbie question - Using a microcontroller with analogue input
Firstly, I must state that I have never programmed a microcontroller before, although I'm used to designing CMOS logic circuits and programming other forms of instrumentation. Also, I feel that...
1
1

how to quickly get up to speed on wonderware line
Does anyone have any experiences learning WW? I need to get up to speed quickly and searching the web leaves alot to be desired. I have done some of the online getting started tutorials from thier...
13
13

Help me Pleasse
Hi, I have a Problem with a Prosoft Module by Modbus Comunication (MVI56 MCM) I Need a Slave Simulator because i can't see de Register, Coil, or status of de Card (Virtual Master) in my SCADA. Hola...
2
2

wincc 4
hi anybody have manual of getting started with wincc 4 send me thanks

Laptops and lack of 9-pin serial
I need a new laptop and all the new ones lack the old nine pin serial I/O that many of the PLC interfaces I have need. I bought a USB to serial adapter from Radio Shack a year or so ago and had...
11
11

TestPoint programmer needed!
I need a TestPoint programmer to develop a specific application to control Brooks Emerson Digital Mass Flow Controllers via RS232 interface.

Modeling a DC motor in p-spice.
Anybody know of a model for a DC motor 1/20 hp, 40 volts that I can use in p-spice.
2
2

Peter! You're Famous!
Our very own Peter Nachtwey appears in the October 2006 issue of "IEEE Control Systems Magazine". His interview runs from page 27 to 29. Very interesting. If I ever end up building something that...
1
1

Error messages when using Brooks SmartDDE under WinXP
I receive some error messages (for example: Stack fault at position...) when I try to use Brooks SmartDDE 1.2 under WinXP. I need to control three DMFCs by means of some Excel macros calling SmartDDE....

Optimal Control Theory
Do any body have on line copy of book Optimal Control Theory by Kirk
2
2

Tuning deadzone PI control
Hi, We have a vessel whose level is continually ramping up and down between about 20 and 80% in a triangle wave. The output flow is controlled by an onoff valve with a 50% duty cycle, that part of the...
2
2

Calculating the speed of an object
I need to build a device to measure the speed of a pine wood derby car. One idea was to use two photo censors connected to a programmable logic controller with the output going to a simple display. Is...
12
12

Advise to a shaker/accelerometer control system
Hi, I'm absolutely new to control systems and would highly appreciate some good advises from some veterans or anyone who has something that could help me get going. Well, the task for me is this:...
16
16

Fuji Micrex OPC DA Server
Does anyone have any experience with this server, FUJI_ELECTRIC.MICREX-SX.001? Our first problem is the Item ID syntax. There seems to be a full spec: e.g: D: but also a short form: e.g: D: The...
3
3