Howdy gang

    --Interesting group here; no political rants. Anyone interested in building lightweight transport? I've been working on a trike for the last 11
months; photos of build can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steamboat_ed/sets/72157629277867363/     --I lost access to usenet back in June or thereabouts and now that I've found a way to reconnect I can't seem to access r.c.m. for various technical reasons I won't bore ya with. Curious to know if anyone's still posting over here at a.r.c.m.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!

rested in

11

eamboat_ed/sets/72157629277867363/

now that

, Titanium:

Welding!

--

Hi Ed. Nice project! Is there a story behind it? Do you have some
concept or plan that you're trying to do or are you just building it
On 12-11-28 10:06 AM, steamer wrote:

Hi, Ed
What sort of electric motor is that? Probably a permanent magnet, brushless variety I'm guessing... \ \ \mike
On 12/28/2012 7:05 PM, m II wrote:

There is still some decent activity on rec.crafts.metalworking though far too much of it has drifted to Gunner type politics, gun rants, etc. There is very little actual good old fashioned ask and help posts that made Usenet so unique and fun back when. sad
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
steamer wrote:

Here are some other news servers. Some free, some paid.
"The List"...
Free and very cheap Usenet/News Servers (note that free servers may experience occasional outages and/or missed posts):
http://www.eternal-september.org [Free] http://www.albasani.net [Free, Germany based, very good spam filtering] http://www.aioe.org [Free, daily postings limited to 25] http://usenet4all.se [Free, Google Groups filtered] http://news.solani.org [Free, Germany based] http://dotsrc.org/usenet [Free, Denmark based, may lack some groups] http://open-news-network.org/english.html [Free, Germany based, may lack some groups] http://tinyurl.com/visyn-net-Google-translated [Free, Germany based, may lack some groups] http://www.usenet-replayer.com [Free, web-based; posts are relayed] http://www.x-privat.org [Free with fee-based options, may lack some groups] http://www.cnntp.net [Free with fee-based options, Germany based]
http://www.teranews.com [One time setup charge, carry some binary groups] http://www.bubbanews.com [One time setup charge, fee-based options] https://www.altopia.com [$6 per yr & up, carry some binary groups] http://news.datemas.de [5 Euros ($7) per yr, Germany based] http://www.glorb.com/usenet.php [$10 per yr] http://news.individual.net [10 Euros ($14) per yr, Germany based, very good spam filtering]
Metered/"pay by download" servers (preferred by some for economy, binary access):
http://www.news.astraweb.com http://usenet-news.net http://www.octanews.com
Popular paid servers:
http://www.newsguy.com http://www.giganews.com http://www.supernews.com http://www.powerusenet.com http://www.easynews.com http://www.forteinc.com/apn http://www.newsrazor.net http://www.binverse.com http://secure.usenet-access.com
Reviews & info on paid servers:
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com http://www.newsgroups.gs
http://www.usenet-news.net/ NO monthly fees, none. You buy a block of data, like this: 2 GB $ 2.00 5 GB $ 3.00 10 GB $ 5.00
http://www.teranews.com/index.html has a one-time $3.95 setup fee, and includes binaries.