Metric threads on US lathe??

I am just starting to use my Reed & Prentice to make threads, US threads that is. But I am really a metric guy, thru and thru, and I wonder if someone knows
how to change from funny threads to metric threads, I assume one would have to find one clever set of gears to turn the lead screw at the proper rate, or do I miss something here??
Uwe
Jaggy Taggy wrote:

There was a thread on just this topic in "rec.crafts.metalworking" starting in March last year. The thread was called "Metric Threads using Gearbox".
--

Regards, Gary Wooding