collet drawbar -Reed Prentice Lathe

I purchased a 16X54 Reed Prentice lathe recently. It came with a supply of collects, but the previous owner had never used them. I tried today to use the collets for the first time, but couldn't get the collet to tighten up. I don't know whether something is frozen, or I just don't understand the way the drawbar is supposed to work.

Any information on this particular subject, or anything about this lathe would be appreciated.

Reply to
J.S. Reed

Did you put a bushing in the spindle and then the collet in the bushing?

I think that's the way it works on most lathes.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I have the manual and machine like yours. Can you see a thin walled tube going thru your spindle front to back? they call this the pusher tube I think. I can send you a copy of the parts list and a picture of how everything is supposed to go.

Reply to
HmbyFrght

There is a snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com that has been started. Best regards, craig

Reply to