separating 'glued' metal

Hi all, I am not sure if this group can help me....
I am trying to separate a metal "cap" which is on a metal tube. the "cap"
and the tube looks like they are glued together. The adhesive looks yellowish and is kind of soft (maybe contact cement). I have tried hammering the cap to pop it off, but it doesnt even budge. Is there a solvent that will dissolve the adhesive.
Thanks V

Most glues soften when heated. So just play a torch on it for a while and see if it'll come off.
Gary
The solvent name MEK or use a hair dryer
from Tam
g...

Tam at snipped-for-privacy@i-cable.comwrote:

That hair dryer sounds like a good idea. They're good for peeling off labels stickers too. Back when I had more hair I saw a 1500 watt job.
mike
--