separating 'glued' metal

Hi all, I am not sure if this group can help me....

I am trying to separate a metal "cap" which is on a metal tube. the "cap" and the tube looks like they are glued together. The adhesive looks yellowish and is kind of soft (maybe contact cement). I have tried hammering the cap to pop it off, but it doesnt even budge. Is there a solvent that will dissolve the adhesive.

Thanks V

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Most glues soften when heated. So just play a torch on it for a while and see if it'll come off.


Reply to
Gary Coffman

The solvent name MEK or use a hair dryer

from Tam

"someguy" ¦b¶l¥ó news:UC0Db.17290$% ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to

That hair dryer sounds like a good idea. They're good for peeling off labels stickers too. Back when I had more hair I saw a 1500 watt job.


Reply to
m II

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.