Welding plug question, cheater adapter

I want ot run my ac welder which has a 50 amp plug, I bought a 50 amp receptacle to adapt to a dryer cord. My question is the the 50 amp plug has

3 wires terminal, 2 hots and ground , the dryer cord has 4 wire, 2 hots a neutral and ground.

Whats the best way to handle the ground? should I eliminate the neutral wire and just use the ground in the 50 amp receptacle box or should I connect the ground and neutral togeather in the receptacle box to ground terminal.

I need a portable pigtail for doing off the property jobs, where 50 amp plug not available without jumping at the panel.. I use a correct hookup at home. I have others who have done it, but I'm unclear on the grounding of this.

amc at look dot ca

Reply to
Sat

Neutral is not used in 240 wiring. It is only used where you need a 120 volt circuit. Neutral must never be tied to ground at any place except in the service entrance panel.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman