110V inhouse to 12v power

I am trying to find a way to wire a 12V amplifier in my house using a normal electrical outlet. The only thing that i can think of is using my car battery charger and connecting the leads to the power and ground. Please let me know if there is an alternate way.

Reply to
counts.aaron

with the charger plugged in there will probably be enough "ripple" to make your audio amplifier buzz.

use a 12V regulated power supply that has a larger current rating than the amplifier will draw.

Reply to
TimPerry

These sites will give you an idea of what kind of unit you might need.

Rich256