Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

differential coax driver
I've been driving a 75 ohm coax differentially just fine for years but with my new batch of cable, I'm limited to about 40'. I'm using old Taxi chip sets from AMD. Signal levels are psudo ECL, ac...

555 timer 50% duty cycle question
Hi, does anyone know how I could get a 555 timer to operate in astable mode at a 50% duty cycle? All the circuits I've seen are always for greater than 50%. thanks.
2
2

2 great opportunities in Wisconsin
Hello, I am representing two great firms in Wisconsin. One opportunity is for a Junior Electrical Engineer (EIT) in a great downtown Milwaukee location, the other is a Sr. EE position is in the...

UK Electrical Goods - Plugs
Is there any guidelines that state that any electrical goods sold in the UK must be fitted with a fused 3-pin plug. My missus bought a couple of electric toothbrushes Oral B and they are fitted with...
5
5

Hypothetical Energy flow problem
Total hypothetical situtation (so, there's no need to yell at me). You have a methane digester in your home producing CH4. The CH4 is piped to a kitchen stovetop, oven and then burns in a radiant heat...
2
2

Thinking about a new job?
Some questions to think about... 1=2E Do you have a resume that accurately reflects your skills and accomplishments? 2=2E How much effort did you place on your cover letter? 3=2E Do you know HOW to...
1
1

Electrostatic field
Hi, As you know there is an electrical field around each electrostatic charge. I know how to create an electrostatic field. But I have problem by creating a "variable electrostatic field". Can you...
1
1

Latching Relay Circuit Help
Latching Relay Circuit Help Years ago John had one of those cheap alarm switches for his van. It was supposed to work by making contact if the van was disturbed. It consisted of a springy piece of...
1
1

Current Measurement: Fundamental physics problem I need to solve...
Hi Everyone, I have a pretty difficult problem that I would really appreciate some help in solving. I need to measure the current induced in a conductor by a strong magnetic field. I need to do this...
7
7

Looking for Data Logger
I am looking for a (cheap) data logger. I only need two inputs, both are measuring voltage - 1 Wind speed 2 Voltage Any recommendations?
1
1

Split circuit yoke vs. AFCI
There are some uses for having 2 separate circuits on a single receptacle yoke. This is often done in kitchens to safely provide sufficient power at one point when two appliances together would...
19
19

Power enginieering technical terms
Hello guys, my native language is not English and I have difficulties writing about technical terms. First I need correct word about operator's job in power plant. For example every command room in...
4
4

Dose the listing permit an arc fault circuit breaker to supply at GFCI receptacle?
Does anyone have anything on this? Also, does the GFCI reptacle listing permit use on a AFCI circuit?
11
11

Use of stepped sine wave UPS with SONY Bracia Flat Panel LCD TV
Hi; I have just bought a new Sony Bravia 46S2010 LCD TV. The operations manual warns against pulling the AC plug without first turning off the TV. - No problem, I would like to run the TV and my...
57
57

Absolute novice question regarding trickle charging
OK, I am a design student, not an electrician. However in my assignment I have to describe the workings of my product with a vague understanding that it will work in the marketplace. So, I have...
3
3