Power enginieering technical terms

Hello guys, my native language is not English and I have difficulties writing about technical terms. First I need correct word about operator's job in power plant. For example every command room in thermal power plant has its crew. There are guys who "run or drive" boiler, turbine and one who observe generator. I need correct word for their job description in English. I cannot find such informatons in ordinary dictionaries. Can I say operator who drive turbine? I think not. Please if there is someone who works in power plant or who is familiar with job description of staff in power plant and s willing to help by providing English name of jobs and description, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance.

Reply to
pando

Don't say "Operator who drive turbine"... It's not good English.

I don't work in a power plant, but I believe that there are technicians, operators, managers, supervisors, and engineers and many other words that describe the jobs. You could put the words boiler, generator, or turbine in front of any of these to describe a job accurately.

Something like this...

Boiler Technician Generator Supervisor ... or assistant generator supervisor Turbine Engineer Also... foreman, crew chief, maintainance supervisor,load dispatcher, shift supervisor, director of engineering, chief engineer

All I can think of right now on Christmas morning at 3:25 AM, but I'm sure you'll get many more contributions.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Well where I live (Oz) the guys who "drive" things like power house eqt, chemical process plants etc. are called "operators" and the guys who fix things are called "technicans". At this time there is a pronounced demand for guys who can do both and these are called "operator technicians".

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

You have the "Control Room" for the power plant where all the switches, intruments, etc. are on big panels to give command to all the outside equipment, like the boiler, turbine, generator, etc . . . . and those who work in the control room are called 'control room engineer', 'control room technician' etc . . . a 'boiler room operator' is wrong term because the operation of the boiler is done from the "control room" where they have a TV to view the boiler flames, set the pressures, the temp., etc. You can have a "boiler technician" who works at the boiler itself for maintenance, etc . . .

Reply to
AL BENSER