Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PCB assembly tutorial, how to turn PCB into PCBA step by step?
Step 1: Solder Paste Printing Solder paste printing is the first step in PCBA processing. We apply solder paste to the area of the printed circuit board where components need to be assembled. This...

Question about connecting battery
I am connecting a 4.8v NiCd pack to two LED lights and would like to know the difference between connecting them in two different ways. I drew a diagram here: you
3
3

Why Ceiling fan not responding to remote control?
The remote control could also be malfunctioning. Try replacing the batteries and if that does not work, try another remote control. If neither of those solutions fix the problem, then there is most...

Richter or Merkel ?
In the film San Andreas, do we use the Richter scale or the Merkel scale to measure earthquakes? We should remember this information, after all, Americans don't make films for nothing, films are also...
2
2

National instruments RPM ... Run cap back emf.. and current data logging
Has anyone created or have any good suggestions for creating a motor characterizer .... want to look at a motor with know components to use the characteristics in iteratively finding the unknown run...

run capacitor sizing ? cannot determine original size and no manufacturer info is available
looking for a run capacitor to the 5 HP Doerr motor powering the families air compressor... no-one knows or has documentation as to what is supposed to be... and the cap in it is rusted beyond...
8
8

self-regulating line capacitor at 20 kV with potential transformer?
There are many of these here (Greece, Crete, Iraklion Prefecture) at first I thought they were circuit breakers, but then saw one of them wired in delta, and that's defintely not a way to wire a...
2
2

Do I have 208 or 240 volts in my apartment?
I just had a new circuit installed for a dryer. I was told it was 240 volt but I'm having doubts. Would I be able to tell from the panel? The following is an excerpt from my building's electrical...
8
8

Do I have 208 or 240 volts in my apartment?
I just had a new circuit installed for a dryer. I was told it was 240 volt but I'm having doubts. Would I be able to tell from the panel? The following is an excerpt from my building's electrical...

Cheap meter to measure EMR from power lines?
What would be a decent type meter to measure electro magnetic radiation from power lines? More out of curiosity than fear but my dog and I walk under the 230kv line behind the house every day. There...

Merry Christmas
Well... this post's holiday greeting is for the United States. But Merry Christmas to the rest of the world too.

Flywheel -> high voltage, high frequency output
I am looking into powering a high voltage, high frequency output (up to 20kV, 20kHz) with a sine wave signal from a flywheel that can spin at any speed up to 50,000 RPM. The output voltage and...
6
6

Special Issue "Advances in Nikola Tesla Technologies in the 21st Century"
We would be most happy to invite your papers in this special issue. Special Issue "Advances in Nikola Tesla Technologies in the 21st Century" A special issue of Applied Sciences (ISSN 2076-3417). This...

Pifco Xmas tree lights
I have been called uppon by SWMBO to repair her Pifco Xmas tree lights which she purchased over 5 years ago. (Yes, we have plenty of modern LED versions to replace them) 1. The instructions say that...
16
16

OT Nuclear U-Boats; how do they condense the steam?
After following the Vigil TV series (with all its reported errors) and also the prog on HMS Trenchard, when a Brit U-boat is powered by nuclear fuels, how do they condense the steam? With sea water?...
81
81